TR-29 Wraith (X-29 Recce Thing)

Started by TheChronicOne, July 16, 2021, 04:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Update: I have found all the ECM pods I need and they along with a bunch of other pylon inhabitants are on the way. Thank you all for the help!
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 13, 2021, 05:32:34 PM
Thank you all for the help!

That's one of the things we are here for  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Can't beat it. This community is better than most.  "NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO, MY MESSAGE BOARD IS BETTER THAN YOURS!"  ;D  The way people here help one another is commendable. It's gotten me out of binds and boosted my enthusiasm a number of times.

I hope to be back to work on this soon....  trying to solve some real world conundrums first but I'm closing in on finishing that crap so I can get back to goofing off.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quick update to log my progress and leave some notes. I'm getting the preliminary cutting out of and cleaning up of parts and gluing sub assemblies together. Cockpit stuff like the ejection seat and the dash... the kit comes with some handy decals for the panels!  :lol:   The seat is pretty decent, too! The kit comes with the option to have the cockpit posed open so it has a nice assembly to facilitate this. In a somewhat unusual turn... it comes with a pilot but he can't be placed inside the cockpit. He's standing and meant to go outside. There are also the ladders to get in and out. Get this..... the little pilot guy has some interesting detail..... he's an older gentleman who is bald and this is shown in the directions and on the figure both.  ;D  Got me to thinking if this thing was actually moulded after a real life test pilot instead of just a random generic pilot figure.

No, it's not a helmet and earmuffs..... it's a bald dude. Your eyes are not deceiving you. lol

::::::::Stops to look at google::::::

Sure enough, it's Grumman test pilot Chuck Sewell. Here he is debaarking aan Aardvaark:

So that's pretty cool..... gotta hand it to Hase for that bit of detail. Pretty neat. I'd wager real money Chuck had or had one of these very models on his desk/shelf at some point with a tiny little figure of himself.  ;D 

Anyway..... work continues....   getting close to priming some things and painting. I've painted a little bit already in fact... went ahead and made the inside of the intakes black... I'll paint the front portions a little bit later but leave it black toward the back... not a whole lot of light shining through there. In other news.... a pile of weapons and other things have arrived in the mail so now I have all the jammers I need.  :mellow:

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

I've never seen that pilot figure before. As you say, you have to hand it to Hasegawa  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Do you have issues with the bald Brad C?
Are we going to have a problem?
:unsure:  ;)

I have an X-29 in the stash. I'll have to have a look inside.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, I have built slashed up a Hasegawa X-29 many moons ago, but I cannot remember that figure?

TheChronicOne

;D   Yeah ya'll go check them out... the little pilot is actually pretty crisp.... enough that you can tell he's a chrome-dome.  :mellow:  Neat little feature of the kit. The kit itself seems quite nice, as well.
-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kerick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 18, 2021, 06:56:58 PM
Sure enough, it's Grumman test pilot Chuck Sewell. Here he is debaarking aan Aardvaark:

So that's pretty cool..... gotta hand it to Hase for that bit of detail. Pretty neat. I'd wager real money Chuck had or had one of these very models on his desk/shelf at some point with a tiny little figure of himself.  ;D 
Too bad Grumman couldn't provide a proper height ladder for him. Highly paid and highly talented person in danger of falling on his a$$.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Flyer

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 19, 2021, 04:28:28 PM
<...> Here he is debaarking aan Aardvaark: <...>

Well played!  :cheers:

Indeed :thumbsup:

But looking at the fairing on the fin isn't it a Raven? :-X
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

scooter

Quote from: Flyer on August 20, 2021, 03:12:41 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 19, 2021, 04:28:28 PM
<...> Here he is debaarking aan Aardvaark: <...>

Well played!  :cheers:

Indeed :thumbsup:

But looking at the fairing on the fin isn't it a Raven? :-X

You mean Spaark Vaarc
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

buzzbomb

Nice pick up on the pilot figure  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Y'all are the best.  ;D   Still not much done on my part but It's nice coming back to see people having fun.  ;D 

Dropping off another "note" for later use. I like the way this person painted the seat! Much better than the way I've been doing it and I think I have learned something new here. Still, the whole "washing of the parts" before you get them dirty thing is just.... weird to me. Regardless, this joekmodels is a really nice feller for making this handy video.  :lol:  I'm assuming there are more and possibly even more for the 29 here but I haven't looked yet. Gotta love the internet sometimes.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w_fwYg3NhY

-Sprues McDuck-