Gloster Javelin PR (Finished on page 4)

Started by mat, July 17, 2021, 07:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

And now it's time for the nose job. It will be based on the remains of an old Frog Hawker Hunter F.1, which ended as toy for my son a long time ago.

mat

The new nose getting into shape

mat

Nosejob done

mat

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

Interesting development! I am curious  to see how it will look completed and painted.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

mat

Now the Javelin have got its tail. The Javelin was a huge fighter plane. But quite maneuverable. As a child I saw four put up a show over Værløse AB (North of Copenhagen). Their end stunt was to dive straight on the audience and passing just a few meters over our heads. One plane even had to sway to avoid hitting a hangar. Air shows were really something in those days!

PR19_Kit

Yes indeed, and a Flatiron passing close overhead moves a LOT of air!

That's looking VERY good indeed, most impressive.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

mat

Now the paint is on. The paintjob is inspired by the colour of the E.E. Canberra prototype, which was painted in "Petter Blue", Named after English Electrics chief designer - W. E. W. Petter. Legend is, that Petter was so fond of the colour, that he had his own MG sports car painted in it

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.