Oops, I did it again.....Taiwan RF-47N

Started by kitbasher, July 21, 2021, 06:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Martin H on September 14, 2021, 12:48:09 PM
well it looks like a Jug to me  :thumbsup:

And quite a good looking jug, if i may say so. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I like Jugs ... Although I prefer them in pairs. :wacko: ... just got one myself (Tamiya 1/48 P-47D) :thumbsup:

Great build, mate, & a less common user! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 17, 2021, 08:20:44 AM
I like Jugs ... Although I prefer them in pairs. :wacko: ..

I'm a straight glass man myself  :cheers:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Thanks chaps for the generous comments, you might change your mind if/when you see it in the flesh!

Apart from a bit of touching up I'm calling it done and aim to post pics and a brief backstory over the weekend.  I'll be glad to get it done, tbh.  It's not the greatest kit (but I knew that already - see first post) and I've gone from treating it with informed scorn (a consequence of knowing that it was a poor kit), to being a bit more objective about it and getting into a groove with it, to becoming frustrated with it. 

The home-made decals took two goes to get things satisfactory, and even then one or two replacements had to be run off.  That's not the fault of the kit, of course - printer limitations and a lack of aerosol decal fixer, but added a tad to the frustration.  And the rudder stripes.  Entirely self-inflicted this was - that'll learn me to be clever and try a short-cut that's taken longer to tidy up than it would have taken to do it a more time-consuming way.  Never mind, we must learn from our mistakes!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Tiny bit of touching up done, I could go on with these forever but it's time to stop (some of you may know the feeling).  More in the completed builds thread.

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

kitbasher

buzzbomb

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on September 26, 2021, 08:59:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 26, 2021, 06:23:06 AM
Looks right in those colours sir  :thumbsup:

You're too kind, Chris.

Bribery works all the time Dave, and I'm quite cheap  ;)

Nah seriously looks good in that photo, especially considering what you started with