Grumman NRA-6A Trespasser - Finished Pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, July 25, 2021, 02:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

"Real deal" stuff happening right there! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 10, 2021, 07:17:20 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 10, 2021, 05:53:33 AM
What a beauty!  :thumbsup:

She is indeed ?

Do you paint the cockpit in situ Zen ?

I usually paint before closing the fuselage but not in this case.  The tub can be inserted after closure so I can paint it before gluing it in.  The Hasegawa Intruder is bereft of cockpit detail so I have added some greebles.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Cheers.

I only ask because I've started to pre-assemble and paint larger sub assemblies than I did until quite recently. Find it helps to use normal glue rather than super glue on small parts given my hand/eye coordination issues. Also helps that I recently found some of my really fine wargame figure painting brushes from eons ago  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The canopy on this is terrible. Two halves split longitudinally.  Vey soft raised frame detail.
Some floor polish helped make it look clearer but not having a masking set I was forced to mask with thin tape.
We'll see tomorrow how successful I was.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Thanks Dizz.

I unmasked the canopy today.  All good.  One minor clean up needed where i over-ran the tape but I was using acrylics so it scraped off easilly.
Fred

zenrat

Canopy and interior test fit.
Trespasser WIP 16-09-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Transfers. All, apart from the squadron insignia on the tail, sourced from the Viking.
Trespasser WIP 18-09-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Started work today on the belly mounted camera pod and painting the drop tanks.  I have dropped the plan to use Hasegawa's MERs and bombs because the bombs are such odd shape.
Fred

Old Wombat

That really is looking brilliant, Fred! :mellow: :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on September 18, 2021, 04:03:37 AM
Canopy and interior test fit.
Trespasser WIP 16-09-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Transfers. All, apart from the squadron insignia on the tail, sourced from the Viking.
Trespasser WIP 18-09-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Started work today on the belly mounted camera pod and painting the drop tanks.  I have dropped the plan to use Hasegawa's MERs and bombs because the bombs are such odd shape.

DAMN!!  :o
That is coming out really well!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

Definitely looking like a "should have been"!
Excellent work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

That's coming along a treat. Looks natural!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

buzzbomb

Fred, amongst your best yet.
To my way of thinking, there are times when the subtle changes, enough to make folks do a double take, look again more closely and question what they think they know is more satisfying than an off the wall build.