Grumman NRA-6A Trespasser - Finished Pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, July 25, 2021, 02:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2021, 05:28:38 AM
That looks so right it's difficult to believe it's a Whiff!  :o

My thought exactly.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Certainly elegant looking with that wing planform  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks folks.
I was only thinking thisarvo that it looks like a bought one.  Unusual for me to achieve that.

Round Three PSR underway.  It's the usual places - intakes, ventral fuselage seam - plus a few spots where the new wings blend in.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Round three PSR complete.  She's close.  I really should be thinking about a paint scheme.

<does quick research>

Light grey over white with a tan radome looks good.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on August 20, 2021, 05:58:15 AM
Round three PSR complete.  She's close.  I really should be thinking about a paint scheme.

<does quick research>

Light grey over white with a tan radome looks good.

That was unexpected. Not.  ;D

(It is indeed a pretty scheme)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Turns out it is a tail sitter so I filled the nose with liquid gravity (and some fishing weights for luck) and glued it on.
Fred

DogfighterZen

That was a great PSR work done on those wings, Fred. Looks like it's gonna fool a few into believing those wings were part of this kit. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks DFZ.  That's the idea.  I'll be hanging the Intruder kit supplied tanks and MER under the wings which will hopefully add to the illusion of normality.
The belly mounted conformal camera pod will fit on magnets so I can remove it to fool JMNs.
Fred

zenrat

Underside now painted white...

...which is taking its time curing.  It's spending time in the dehydrator.
Fred

zenrat

I found, after a fossick through the paints, that I actually had some Light Gull Grey for the top side of The Tresspasser.
Trespasser WIP 01-09-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks mate.  And that's only one (hairy stick) coat.
Fred

NARSES2

Looks quite sleek especially given the bulbous front end  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Ready for clear and then decals.  In retrospect Deck Tan isn't a good substitute for Radome Tan as it is too close to the Light Gull Grey I used on the top.
Trespasser WIP 10-09-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

buzzbomb