RF-5E TigerEye of the Royal Moroccan Air Force -FINISHED- Pics on Pag. 4

Started by DogfighterZen, July 25, 2021, 06:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Not much has progressed with this build but the TigerEye is on its wheels...

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Its looking pretty good for what i can see of it matey..pics a wee bit dark but the paint looks flat and clean..strange how im not a huge fan of these aircraft and your the same with the 104  :lol:
Still tho..dont takr away from a sweet build  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on August 25, 2022, 07:39:43 PMIts looking pretty good for what i can see of it matey..pics a wee bit dark but the paint looks flat and clean..strange how im not a huge fan of these aircraft and your the same with the 104  :lol:
Still tho..dont takr away from a sweet build  :thumbsup:

Thanks, mate!  :thumbsup:
I didn't mind taking a better pic on purpose, better pics will come when it's finished...  ;)
It hasn't had a flat coat on yet, i still have some stuff i wanna do to it before the final coat goes on.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Its the same old story matey..there's always something more to do  ;D
Still tho i am looking forward to seeing this..a good build is a good build no matter if i like the actual subject or not . ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Well, time for a small update on this build...
The last major part in need of paint was the arrestor hook so that was sprayed with some Tamiya XF-2 Flat White and then i used the kit's decal for the stripes. As you can see in the pic below, i only used the black stripes, which had to be separated from the white ones because the white on the decal didn't match the white sprayed on the part so, this took care of that issue.

These are all the small parts left to put on the model...

Besides these, it's just the wingtip missiles and centerline drop tank. The next step is to glue the main gear doors to the struts and the arrestor hook in place.
The pitot and AoA and air speed sensors also go on at this stage, dab a bit of paint on those and finally, i can spray a matte clear coat on everything.
After that, i just have to paint the navigation lights, attach the clear lens in the front camera window and remove masks!  Also, i still have to decide if i'm gonna leave the canopy open or closed but i'm leaning more towards open because the canopy doesn't really fit very well and it sits higher than the fuselage in the top aft section, resulting in a small step when it's closed.
It's nothing dramatic but it annoys me when i look at it... :rolleyes:
Again, there's not much left to do, it's just a matter of me being able to sit and do stuff at the bench instead of procrastinating... :banghead:

Captain Canada

Very nice. The F-5, in all her guises, is one of my faves. Such a sexy little machine, but she packs a punch !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

It's getting there Zen mate  ;D
The final model should look epic  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 14, 2022, 05:49:59 PMVery nice. The F-5, in all her guises, is one of my faves. Such a sexy little machine, but she packs a punch !

Thanks, Captain!  :thumbsup:
Yep, the F-5 is a beauty indeed, it's one of my favorite fighter jets. A small and very versatile fighter, still being used today by more than one country, that alone says something, right?

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 14, 2022, 06:34:46 PMIt's getting there Zen mate  ;D
The final model should look epic  :thumbsup:

Thanks, mate!  :thumbsup:
Let's see if i don't do something to mess it up before it's all done...

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 15, 2022, 05:03:27 AM:thumbsup:

17 months, so far ... But who's counting? ;)

I noticed that yesterday when i brought the thread back from the dead...
It's been way too long... and it's been even longer with my second F-16W, that one was started in  May... of 2020!!!
Today i have the afternoon for myself so i will try my hardest to finish it today but we all know how it goes... :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Same plans I had yesterday Zen..under coat the Spad and then get some colour on it..did that happen ? ..nope :angry:
RL got in the way ..bugger it.

DogfighterZen

Well, as always, the plan to finish it went down the drain when my sister-in-law made a surprise visit with her mother... :rolleyes:

Anyway, today i finally got to do something but i have to say this... I HATE painting navigation lights!!!
Made a perfect mess of the lights on the wings and now i have to clean up the mess and do some careful touch-ups... I'm almost certain these mistakes will be visible when it's done so, lessons should be learned.
Next time, no detail painting while holding the model in one hand and the paint brush on the other... :banghead:
Still, i may be able to get this finished today as i only have those bits to take care of, and then it's just the missiles, nose window, pitot tube and AOA sensor...

DogfighterZen

Finally done!!! :party:
Feels good to actually finish a build... I know there's stuff i could still try to improve but i feel it's time to call it done before i do something stupid and mess it up beyond repair so, i'll try to get some better pics and write up the backstory tomorrow,

Wardukw

Zen mate that's a damn good looking F-5...and yes..many more much better pics  thank you very much   :wacko:
Lovely stuff  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2022, 01:20:46 AMNi-ice! :thumbsup:

Yep, more pic's are a must! ;)

Concur with both of the Hon Gentleman's opinions  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.