Under the Black Flag. Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers - Inspiration

Started by Old Wombat, August 04, 2021, 03:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on November 18, 2021, 10:18:18 PM
Well, silly me, I've created a monster, like Doctor Frankenstein. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What we're missing is the evil laugh sound effect  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I can't help feeling we'd need to invent some super-light gas to lift that amount of weight.

It'd need less than one nucleus and electron per atom though. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

'You canna beat the laws of physics Jim'
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 19, 2021, 08:19:13 AM
I can't help feeling we'd need to invent some super-light gas to lift that amount of weight.

It'd need less than one nucleus and electron per atom though. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Why, Kit, have you not heard of Æther?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

jcf

Cavor has you covered.   ;) :thumbsup:

jcf

Another type of Privateer to keep in mind is the non-factory motorsports racing teams that have
been around for a very long time. True old-school privateers have been driven out of Formula 1
due to the FAI agreements with the manufacturers, which makes it a possible subject to explore.
:thumbsup:

Rheged

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 19, 2021, 12:11:38 PM

The other option is "LIFTWOOD", as described in the Transactions of the Royal Martian Geographical Society (Space 1889)   http://www.space1889.com/trmgs/trmgs3/liftwood.shtml

This whole site has considerable possibilities For whiffery.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 19, 2021, 12:48:07 PM

Another type of Privateer to keep in mind is the non-factory motorsports racing teams that have
been around for a very long time. True old-school privateers have been driven out of Formula 1
due to the FAI agreements with the manufacturers, which makes it a possible subject to explore.

Hmmm, that's worth thinking about.  :thumbsup:

A modern day Rob Walker or Ken Tyrell.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

But surely if Unobtainium is heated beyond 2,000C then it produces the super light gas Unobtainium di-Oxide ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2021, 06:07:26 AM

But surely if Unobtainium is heated beyond 2,000C then it produces the super light gas Unobtainium di-Oxide ?  ;)

That's very true.

Unfortunately no-one has managed to produce any material, even pure unobtanium itself, which will contain UnO2 as it dissolves everything it comes into contact with. :(

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 20, 2021, 08:20:59 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2021, 06:07:26 AM

That's very true.

Unfortunately no-one has managed to produce any material, even pure unobtanium itself, which will contain UnO2 as it dissolves everything it comes into contact with. :(

That's what's in the public domain yes, but.......................... :angel:

McColm

zenrat

Count Louis Zborowski springs to mind...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on November 19, 2021, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 19, 2021, 12:11:38 PM

The other option is "LIFTWOOD", as described in the Transactions of the Royal Martian Geographical Society (Space 1889)   http://www.space1889.com/trmgs/trmgs3/liftwood.shtml

This whole site has considerable possibilities For whiffery.

Bootstrapium. As explained here, about half way down the page.

Bootstrapium may well make a reappearance in this GB.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on November 25, 2021, 03:04:42 AM

Count Louis Zborowski springs to mind...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: