Under the Black Flag. Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers - Inspiration

Started by Old Wombat, August 04, 2021, 03:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

The link below is to the rule book for the original Crimson Skies board game included in the back are 3 views for the aircraft! Diesel punk sky pirates anyone?

https://www.scribd.com/document/386951761/Crimson-Skies-Core-Rules-pdf

Eg:

secretprojects forum migrant

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I was listening to Copperhead Road today thinking "hmmmm, there's a build here."
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast - Builds so far.

Handley Page Henfield 003 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Kawanishi Type 97 H6K5 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Kawanishi N1K1 012 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fw 190 Puffin 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Wessex - Sky Pirates 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Sky Pirate's Flying Dinghy - 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Before the Handley Page Captain Fat Hamster's flagship was an airship, and after the Kawanishi came an ekranoplan...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2022, 03:26:38 AM
Before the Handley Page Captain Fat Hamster's flagship was an airship, and after the Kawanishi came an ekranoplan...

Which I'm sure we'll see this go-around.
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

loupgarou

Quote from: scooter on February 09, 2022, 05:26:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2022, 03:26:38 AM

Which I'm sure we'll see this go-around.

As I suppose Captain Fat Hamster pirates around Australia, would an Ekranoplan fly/skim high enough to evade the notorious australian giant jumping sharks?  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

The airship is too large a build for this GB.  I need to get the Sea Witch finished so as to have room.  Think of it as freeing up a dry dock.   ;D
I do have all the major parts though and I promise it will get built one day.  Maybe if we had a Steampunk GB?

Ekranoplan on the other hand is a possibility as I have a Lun and an Orlyonok in 1/144 and a 1/72 Bartini Beriev...
Fred

Nick

Tomorrow Never Dies. Use the Revell Sea Shadow ship and unleash your inner Elliot Carver to steal satellites and sink Royal Navy ships!
Bonus points for adding a tiny James Bond to the diorama  ;D

scooter

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2022, 07:07:19 AM
Bonus points for adding a tiny James Bond to the diorama  ;D

2x bonus points for adding a tiny Michelle Yeoh. :wub:
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

I need to re-read Target Lock by James Cobb. It features a modern piracy operation in the Indonesian region and the theft of a satellite leads to the US Navy getting involved.

The disappearance of an industrial research satellite puts Commander Amanda Lee Garrett and her Navy task force on the hunt for a high-tech pirate-a criminal genius whose own sea force turns the mission into an international crisis.

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, the Cdr. Lee Garrett books are great reading and full of Whiffery.  :thumbsup:

I'm surprised no-one has done a kit of the USS Cunningham yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Think I read Choosers OF The Slain from that series once (the one where they go up against the Argentine Navy in a re-run of the Falklands). I thought it was absolute rubbish to be honest: full of technical howlers by the ton. The one I remember is that the Cunningham 'tops up' with Standard SM-2 missiles from a Perry-class frigate that's departing the theatre: an operation that completely ignores the fact that the Cunningham has a Mk.41 VLS system, whose SM-2s therefore need launch boosters, while the Perry has a Mk.13 GMLS, whose SM-2s don't have boosters... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit