Corsair S.1, c.1982

Started by AeroplaneDriver, August 05, 2021, 09:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Nice.

I have a couple of Corsairs in my stash.  One earmarked for the RAN and the other to get Crusader style variable incidence wings.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AndrewF

Nice job, looks very smart indeed.

Wardukw

Guy me ol mate it would seem it is good ship hunting indeed.. ;D..we all seen the A7 in tons of different paint jobs but this one is just so right for this plane..it just works ya know.
Hell id join the RN just to fly it  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Cause of this build im going to go semi nuts on my A7 to the point im gonna hunt down a replacement cockpit for it in resin..i like resin  :thumbsup:
I think landing gear as well .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Doug K

Looking forward to this. I did mine as an Argentinian EDSG (Elsewhere on the board) with the high-waisted white. I have a hasegawa Crusader awaiting my figuring out how to add a second cockpit before the full RN treatment!

Mossie

I do like a Corsair.  Looks especially good in RN uniform.  :wub:

I did a British Corsair myself years back, mine was RAF on the same premise that they acquired the Buccaneers, from the Navy.
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=29135.msg451030#msg451030
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AndrewF

Quote from: Mossie on January 03, 2022, 04:43:44 AM
I do like a Corsair.  Looks especially good in RN uniform.  :wub:

I did a British Corsair myself years back, mine was RAF on the same premise that they acquired the Buccaneers, from the Navy.
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=29135.msg451030#msg451030

That's a cracker as well! Just a pity about the Photobucket watermarks completely spoiling the viewing experience...

kitbasher

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 03, 2022, 12:20:03 AM
Cause of this build im going to go semi nuts on my A7 to the point im gonna hunt down a replacement cockpit for it in resin..i like resin  :thumbsup:
I think landing gear as well .

I may be able to help you out, sir.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Kitbasher my ears are wide open matey  ;D
I did look on BNA hobbyworld and two words come to mind to describe how many bits are available for 48th scale A7's ..the first letter is J and the second is S ..both have four letters each  :lol:
Theres nothing that i can find in the way of replacement landing gear so ill just detail the ones in the kit.
We all know Italeri is not renowned for detail but least its a pretty clean model with a few decal options..so thats nice  ;D

kitbasher

It's 1/72, looks like you may be after 1/48?
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Yup ..it is 48th ..any smaller than that and i cant see it  ;D

kitbasher

Ah, sorry, can't help you out, then.  Hope you find one.