Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Fruitbat did a resin and white metal Lerche in the early 90s and it was copied by Final Touch.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Oh well, hopefully the Lerche can still compete with other offerings. Didn't take long to do and it was an entertaining afternoon's work

Meanwhile the SR P.187 was a bit of a frustrating print as he wheels weren't playing ball. Third time round and I think I have a complete kit at 1/72

Detail of the cockpit and sliding nose

And the Red Dean missile

If the AW.58 delta revision that is printing now turns out ok then I think I have the full suite of current kits and will start trying to meet all of the orders I have currently queued
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Printer is running steadily to catch up with the kit orders (thanks folks) so it is back to the purely digital mines

Two seater tandem P.8 is ready to print as soon as I get a slot

Wheels up and 1/48 Miles M.52 both ready to print (only 1/48 I'm doing as on reflection I'm going to focus on the 1/72)

Fairey Delta 3 has had a lot of tweaks today - clean up of details, made more printable, undercarriage and the drooping snoot

pics to follow when I can get on a PC to paste the links
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Martin H

Quote from: Martin H on August 15, 2021, 04:15:51 PM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 13, 2021, 01:29:17 AM
While I await the results of folks building the AW.58s and the P.8 I spent some time adding legs to the next planned print

That got my attention!

welcome to the mad house.

Well thanks to a little wheeler dealing behind the scenes I now have one of these monsters in 1/72nd on the workbench.

The nose cone is just placed on just for the photo. It will be the last item to be attached once the paint work is sorted.

Acquired as part of a bulk purchase including both Armstrong Whitworths and a P8.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I think I'd like the airliner version....................  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2021, 01:18:48 PM
I think I'd like the airliner version....................  ;) ;D

its plenty big enought for that Kit LOL
Unfortunately,

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Impressive, mine should be arriving next week.

What scheme are you planning so we don't clash? 

I'm planning on the 70s RAF Germany scheme, probably Dark Green overall but possibly Aluminium underneath, with 19 sqn markings. Although 11 sqn is also a possible as they did trial that scheme.  I'm actually minded now to go for the latter.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2021, 02:41:56 PM

Look at the forum Logo. Thats what im going for 11 sqn in cammo................
Unfortunately,

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on September 14, 2021, 03:52:53 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2021, 02:41:56 PM

Look at the forum Logo. Thats what im going for 11 sqn in cammo................

Looks like I wil have to go for something else then when I get mine. 111 Sqn comes to mind in the same cammo as your 11 Sqn machine Martin.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Lost Cosmonauts

You've some time to think about the scheme Gondor as there are a few kits to run off before I get to you. Hopefully the single seat P.8 freed up by Wooksta!'s switch to the two seater will be with you today and keep you entertained for a little while

Gondor

Nothing wrong in planning ahead, especially when two other members of the SiG will be building the model as well. We would rather have the Squadrons of the RAF, whiff line up than A Squadron of the RAF line up hence putting a marker down for tripple one squadron and I also have various decals to go with the subject. The P.8 on the other hand......

Gondor

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on September 15, 2021, 03:11:14 AM
Nothing wrong in planning ahead, especially when two other members of the SiG will be building the model as well. We would rather have a Squadrons of the RAF, whiff line up than A Squadron of the RAF line up hence putting a marker down for tripple one squadron and I also have various decals to go with the subject. The P.8 on the other hand......

Gondor

Known P.8 builds are being deconflicted - to some extent at least!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

These are my planned P8s
F1 - AFDS
Two seater - 64 sqn camo, F1a fin, belly tank
Early 70s camo, late fin, small belly tank (the shape)
Late 80s Grey's,. Probably 43 sqn
A N Other - 80s Greys, possibly 5 sqn with the red fin and wing leading edges.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Aah, what the heck.  My P.8 gets a belly tank, big fin and natural metal 56 Sqn finish.  What could possibly go wrong?  :rolleyes:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter