Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 26, 2024, 09:49:04 AMThe bulk of the Ta 152s have been painted, so a break from them is needed after the interminable masking last week.  The work has been worth it though.

I may scrounge some extra nose/main gears at some point for an 1121 that went naval.

Cool, look forward to seeing what you make of this. Any plans on markings & whether you are featuring the rocket pods yet?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Three tone greys with a colourful spine for a late one.  I probably wouldn't use the rocket packs, but will cast some P.1121 tanks to go under the wing.

Kitbasher may want a tail surface for his P.1103 early (the one that looks like a BFO Hunter) scratchbodge.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on March 22, 2024, 10:23:31 AM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on March 22, 2024, 05:45:02 AM
Quote from: Pellson on March 22, 2024, 05:38:32 AMOh, God!
This is it! I'm finally pushed over the edge. Come hell or high water - I need one!  :wub:

You trust both UK and Swedish postal systems to actually get it to you or do you want to wait till I'm in Sweden next?

I think the postal system will work, having proven it from Scotland, at least..  ;D
I shall have to take a peak at the rest of your catalogue as there will be an opportunity to cram more things into one parcel, methinks..

Long time, no update here. Are you OK and still in operation?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Lost Cosmonauts

Hi @Pellson - thanks for checking in

Sorry for the very lengthy silence. The collaboration on printing turned into a bit of a debacle - the chap who I thought I was helping out by creating an extra revenue stream for his croft unfortunately focussed wholly on the revenue stream and not at all on any of the process, product or customers. Result was a shambles of parts that weren't right and I swiftly called a halt to the collaboration and got my printers back.

Unfortunately by the time I'd dealt with sending out refunds when requested and replacement parts where necessary I was out of pocket and thoroughly short on enthusiasm so the printers remain in boxes and I haven't done much model making or designing. There is even a box with your name on it in my workshop but I haven't the heart to look in it and see if it is ok or yet another balls up

Will return when the mojo does - have a Hawker P.1127 thanks to @TsrJoe on the bench which will be turned into the proposed point interceptor which looks easy and interesting enough to try and kick start the appropriate modelling glands

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

'Collaboration' is fine so long as all parties understand what their commitments are before they actually start to do it. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 17, 2024, 08:47:36 AMHi @Pellson - thanks for checking in

Sorry for the very lengthy silence. The collaboration on printing turned into a bit of a debacle - the chap who I thought I was helping out by creating an extra revenue stream for his croft unfortunately focussed wholly on the revenue stream and not at all on any of the process, product or customers. Result was a shambles of parts that weren't right and I swiftly called a halt to the collaboration and got my printers back.

Unfortunately by the time I'd dealt with sending out refunds when requested and replacement parts where necessary I was out of pocket and thoroughly short on enthusiasm so the printers remain in boxes and I haven't done much model making or designing. There is even a box with your name on it in my workshop but I haven't the heart to look in it and see if it is ok or yet another balls up

Will return when the mojo does - have a Hawker P.1127 thanks to @TsrJoe on the bench which will be turned into the proposed point interceptor which looks easy and interesting enough to try and kick start the appropriate modelling glands

Hi Alistair.
Right now, I'm mostly happy to see that you're still kicking about, so no panic at all.  ;) Take your time try to rediscover the fun of it all. After all - that's what it's all about. I'm in no hurry. There's still a shedload of more or less uncompleted builds allover my building space, so..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!