Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 18, 2021, 03:05:31 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 17, 2021, 01:34:10 PM
That P.8 is starting to look very interesting indeed  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Thank you, I've added it to my storefront and all being well should have printed a couple so I have stock from Friday

AW.58 delta build has hit a small stagette - I forgot to delete the section of wing that intersects with the spine fillet so...

Builder is confident he can come up with a workaround, I've revised my digital model based on the build so far and all in all I've got to say I'm pretty happy with how it looks

That nose screams to be whiffed with a F-8 Crusader getting a radar onboard..  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Pellson on August 18, 2021, 06:34:22 AM

That nose screams to be whiffed with a F-8 Crusader getting a radar onboard..  :wub:
[/quote]

There is a small shock cone nestled in the cavity but no doubt there are loads of possibilities with it

To whit - I had a go at printing the Fireflash missiles so will supply some with this and the other AW58 kits and have added them to my store as separate items
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

What has 6 wheels, 6 engines and is about the same length as a blue whale?

Draft copy of the Saunders Roe P.187 (printed at 1/144 for test run purposes) headed Mossie's way for a test build on Monday

With close ups of the bits and pieces:

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 21, 2021, 05:51:04 AM
Any idea of cost for a 72nd one?

I'm thinking about £35 (including postage) - that more than I'd have liked to charge for a fighter at 1/72 but the sheer size of it means it is a multi day print

PR19_Kit

That sounds eminently reasonable for something that large and that complex. I'm severely tempted.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Very tempted now too.

Wondering if we have time to sort out a group build theme for Telford with these?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 21, 2021, 07:12:12 AM
Wondering if we have time to sort out a group build theme for Telford with these?

Might be tough to get enough printed up if there was a big group unless I splash out on a second printer

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 21, 2021, 07:12:12 AM

Maybe an F155T theme.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 16, 2021, 01:16:52 AM
Based on the test build comments (and very pleased with how it has come out looking so far) the revised breakdown of parts for the English Electric P.8 looks thusly

Shock cone, two front section halves, cockpit glazing and framing, mid section, individual wings, engine bay covers upper and lower, main undercarriage bays, rear tail and exhausts, missiles x2

Wing warp not as bad as I had feared but still needs the smallest of tweakettes

Gone and done it. Ordered the last one in the shop.  Now to decide whether to d it as a P.8 as designed or as an 'in service' machine with a few of my own minor 'bijou tweakettes' of the sort that took the P1 to the Lightning - possibly to Lightning F3 level.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on August 21, 2021, 08:48:41 AM

Gone and done it. Ordered the last one in the shop.  Now to decide whether to d it as a P.8 as designed or as an 'in service' machine with a few of my own minor 'bijou tweakettes' of the sort that took the P1 to the Lightning - possibly to Lightning F3 level.

It did look good with the big F3 fin, yes.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've got my second one on order, to do a late 80s one in the greys, possibly with one of the Phantom units rather than an ex Lightning sqn.  Toying with the idea of a Royal Navy one.

My Telford theme would be more of a collection of builds of Gannet Scale Models products with the appropriate blurb, possibly to drum up some extra trade.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 21, 2021, 10:23:42 AM
My Telford theme would be more of a collection of builds of Gannet Scale Models products with the appropriate blurb, possibly to drum up some extra trade.

Aah, I understand now.