Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: kitbasher on September 15, 2021, 11:08:35 AM
Aah, what the heck.  My P.8 gets a belly tank, big fin and natural metal 56 Sqn finish.  What could possibly go wrong:rolleyes:

Do you want the full list, or only the edited highlights?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

If I can find where the decals have gone, my P.8 will be in natural metal with a small belly tank, Early Lightning Fin and markings for Target Facilities Flight at Lecuhars.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Rheged on September 15, 2021, 11:31:50 AM
Aah, what the heck.  My P.8 gets a belly tank, big fin and natural metal 56 Sqn finish.  What could possibly go wrong:rolleyes:

Do you want the full list, or only the edited highlights?

Depends on how much time you have on your hands!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on September 15, 2021, 11:38:21 AM
If I can find where the decals have gone, my P.8 will be in natural metal with a small belly tank, Early Lightning Fin and markings for Target Facilities Flight at Lecuhars.

Gondor

Did it arrive ok today?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 15, 2021, 11:04:57 AM
A N Other - 80s Greys, possibly 5 sqn with the red fin and wing leading edges.

Cool. Leaves me the earlier schemes to play with for the mighty 5.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Aah, what the heck.  My P.8 gets a belly tank, big fin and natural metal 56 Sqn finish.  What could possibly go wrong?  :rolleyes:

Halfords is your friend. Fresh can of their generic Aluminium. You may have to order it in though.

Given that several of us are building Alistair's kits, how about a mini theme for Telford?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 15, 2021, 12:16:42 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 15, 2021, 11:38:21 AM

Gondor

Did it arrive ok today?

Didn't know it was supposed to be here today. Will keep an eye out for it as I am expecting a couple of things duering the rest of the week.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 15, 2021, 01:37:30 PM
Given that several of us are building Alistair's kits, how about a mini theme for Telford?

It'd certainly be nice to see a few of them posed together. I think everyone who has an outstanding order will get their kits in good time. I might even get the first FD3 done
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on September 15, 2021, 01:56:31 PM
Didn't know it was supposed to be here today. Will keep an eye out for it as I am expecting a couple of things duering the rest of the week.

Went off first class yesterday so if it hasn't already landed on your doormat then it'll likely be with you tomorrow.

A change in an order meant it was going spare and you were the next person in the queue who'd asked for a P.8. No instruction sheet as I was rushing to catch the post so I'll send you the pdf if that's ok?

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 15, 2021, 02:27:06 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 15, 2021, 01:56:31 PM

Went off first class yesterday so if it hasn't already landed on your doormat then it'll likely be with you tomorrow.

A change in an order meant it was going spare and you were the next person in the queue who'd asked for a P.8. No instruction sheet as I was rushing to catch the post so I'll send you the pdf if that's ok?

A pdf is ok, just send it attached to a message and if that doesn't work I will message you my email address.  :thumbsup: I imagine that the assembly would be almost straight forward.

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

Back on a computer so i can share a pic or two again.

The preview and parts for the tandem two seater P.8 which has been posted off and now in very capable hands

After a couple of requests a 1/48 version of the Miles M.52 (this is probably the only kit I'll do at 1/48 as anything else is just too large for my current printer

Most recent update on the Fairey Delta 3 and the distinctive droop snoot

Meanwhile I've gotten a copy of Tony Wilson's Lightning book so am perusing that with an eye to doing a few designs from it once my F155T itch has been sufficiently scratched

crudebuteffective

I think a lot of people on this site have experienced that "F155T itch" at some point and now you're basically their dealer lol
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

The Wooksta!

I'm just hanging on for a Hawker P.1103.  Other than the P.8, that was top of my wants list from F.155.

P1103 and the P.8 were the most realistic of the tenders. They just weren't big or shiny enough for the Air Staff or the Ministry of Supply.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 16, 2021, 06:24:33 AM

Most recent update on the Fairey Delta 3 and the distinctive droop snoot

You just KNOW that's going to be HUGE!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've got a built version of Alistair's older ABS printed FD3 and it is big, dwarfing a Javelin. I was intending on reworking it in time for Telford, but other things - two extra P8s and the SR187 have higher priority. I simply don't have the time to do everything.

His newer Red Deans and Fireflash missiles are absolute beauties.

I have the tandem P8 cleaned up, well apart from the wings,  and  there should some photos at the weekend.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: