Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 29, 2021, 11:05:19 AM
I have a willing victim to build the test print.

Looks good so far.

There are a couple of bits in front of the air scoop where the supports were too close to the body and adhered so I'll do a 2nd print. Do you want it sent to you or direct to your mate?

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 20, 2021, 06:22:23 AM
There are some interesting British mid 40's projects that never got off the drawing board you know  ;) ;D

Happy to take suggestions but early British jets have my heart
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Just send it to me please, I see him every few days.  I'll let him know tomorrow when I give him his Liquid Lead back - I'd used it to weight the nosecone of the 187.

And my vote goes to late 40s to early 60s British jets too!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

just by way of sharing how I got started in drawing up and printing models

Having had to retire rather earlier than planned I was dabbling at my local fablab and took their "learn to 3D print" course which was interesting and included a little bit of working in tinkercad to design your own models. Walking home from the library I nipped into WHSmiths and had my attention caught by a bookazine on RAF Secret Projects.

Having had a play with the first design in the book based on an RAE design for a mach 2 fighter in tinkercad I got something rough and ready but printable on the FDM machines

1/144 and basic but this pleased me immensely and lit the touchpaper to what I'm doing now

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

I think the 72nd one is in the box you gave me still.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 05, 2021, 11:30:59 AM
I think the 72nd one is in the box you gave me still.

Should be, I have no doubt you'll rework it some day into something magnificent. As it was my first effort I'm going to revisit it after the DH117 and FD3. I doubt anyone will be particularly keen on them but i feel like I should rework and refine them so I do every design in the bookazine

Lost Cosmonauts

First build of the delta winged version of the Armstrong Whitworth AW58 printed in resin at 1/72 scale. Credit for the build and photo to the_dunc_works on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvFiPMIqkK/

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Yes, it's really neat.

Mine just needs a tad remedial fixing on the trailing edge and a final primer coat. I got the decals for it earlier today.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 08, 2021, 11:08:29 AM
Yes, it's really neat.

Mine just needs a tad remedial fixing on the trailing edge and a final primer coat. I got the decals for it earlier today.

Looking forward to it. Just finishing up in neat time for your next kits arriving

Lost Cosmonauts

Apologies if you've seen the newsletter and come here to see what is happening - have had a health issue and family emergency which has meant I've not done much in the last couple of weeks and won't be able to run things off for at least the next week

Apologies for any disappointment

Martin H

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on October 08, 2021, 10:05:52 AM
Credit for the build and photo to the_dunc_works on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvFiPMIqkK/

That will be Duncan Baxter, I'll be having words the next time I see him.

I'll be telling him to get his rear end back on this forum....................His presance has been missed.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on October 25, 2021, 02:18:34 AM
Apologies if you've seen the newsletter and come here to see what is happening - have had a health issue and family emergency which has meant I've not done much in the last couple of weeks and won't be able to run things off for at least the next week

Apologies for any disappointment

Hope everything improves as soon as possible, then.

Stay safe :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.