Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

You and yours are the first priorities for T L C.  We'll all still be here when you feel able to resume "normal" service.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn Gilbertson

Yes, health & family first - hope things improve soon! :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on October 26, 2021, 09:15:30 AM
You and yours are the first priorities for T L C.  We'll all still be here when you feel able to resume "normal" service.

Agree 100%  :lol:

(Thinks: 'Normal? Has he seen - or heard - this lot?'  :o :-X)

Lost Cosmonauts

Hello all, thanks for the kind words. My Dad got back out of hospital and home and the faceache has calmed down - still not figured out what it is but looking leas likely that it was a reaction to the printer resin.

Great to see the build pictures and display tables at Telford, well done to everyone who put it together & on the builds

Some neat bits of progress to report:
- Mr Wooksta has drafted up some cool box art so I can add a thin veneer of professionalism onto my shambolic cottage industry
- A bit of design horse trading with the folks at Lost British Projects means that pending a test print and build  I should be able to add the English Electric P.1 to my stable
- the rash not being down to a reaction to the resin means I'm off the antihistamines and have been able to do a bit of work on the computer again and bring the Fairey Delta 3 up to a point that it is ready to test print & build
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

The parts breakdown posted on Facebook for the forthcoming FD.3 looks very impressive.  Really looking forward to both it and the P1A.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

A couple of odds and sods of progress - have made some small tweaks to some of the prints so the supports work better

Z.122 missiles tested and they don't quite work yet. Another orientation should see them right. Otherwise looking ok

I was asked to do a digital design of the early Avro 698 Vulcan with engines clustered in the fuselage and wingtip fins by another producer (Lost British Projects) which we've agreed I retain the rights to do at 1/144 so that might appear eventually
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Photo splurge now I'm on a proper computer again

The draft EE P1 as it will (hopefully) look emerging from the goop:

Test print of the Fairey Delta 3:

Work in progress on the Avro 698:

Work in progress on the DeHavilland DH117:

I think that is me pretty much caught up

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2021, 05:45:51 AM
LOVE the 698!  :thumbsup:

That must be pretty huge in 1/72.  :o

Is that an admission that you wouldn't stretch the wings on it? Is this a first?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 13, 2021, 05:47:19 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2021, 05:45:51 AM
LOVE the 698!  :thumbsup:

That must be pretty huge in 1/72.  :o

Is that an admission that you wouldn't stretch the wings on it? Is this a first?

Hehehehe, of COURSE I would!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 13, 2021, 03:04:09 AM

look emerging from the goop:

Isn't that exactly what "life" did a few 100 million years ago ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 13, 2021, 06:03:54 AM
Isn't that exactly what "life" did a few 100 million years ago ?  :angel:

Thankfully no need to wait the 4billion years it took the Earth to go from primordial goop to the emergence of the English Electric P.1

Couple of bits need adjusting for a proper print but nothing that won't buff out with a vigorous sanding. Bunging test builderwards tomorrow so we'll see how it goes

Lost Cosmonauts

p.s. my apologies to anyone who was relying on their 1/72 Frog P.1s to see them through retirement if my kits lead to a collapse in the silly ebay prices

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!