Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Pellson on December 16, 2021, 10:41:31 AM
Oh GOD, I need to get one of those FD3's..   :o

Should be available as soon as I've had feedback on the first prints. 2 arrived into eager hands yesterday
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Vlamgat on December 19, 2021, 06:27:44 AM

Me too!

Well... I don't want to gazump the builders who will probably want to share their pics themselves but both builds are looking pretty darned sweet. All signs point toward the kit being workable and good to go from start of January
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Leading Observer

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 21, 2021, 09:51:15 AM
Quote from: Vlamgat on December 19, 2021, 06:27:44 AM

Me too!

I think I might need one to go with my recently acquired SR187 and the V-A559

Well... I don't want to gazump the builders who will probably want to share their pics themselves but both builds are looking pretty darned sweet. All signa point toward the kit being workable and good to go from start of January
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Leading Observer on December 21, 2021, 01:22:43 PM
I think I might need one to go with my recently acquired SR187 and the V-A559

Sorry, I've not met many folks in real life so haven't always connected the forum names with folks ordering things. How is your P.187, made a start?

What Vickers 559 do you have? I'm planning on doing one just to have the full set of F.155T types but am interested in how the current models are thought of and build up

The Wooksta!

Fantastic Plastic, with casting done by Anigrand.  It's a nice kit, although the wheels are spoked (not period), the missiles are cast with the pylons, and the canopy doesn't fit.  Fit is good, but the intake needs filler to blend properly. I really hate the wheels.  Scheme recommended is antiflash, but with normal type D roundels on the decals. Did I mention I hate the wheels?

For the money - 75 notes inclusive of postage - it's nice, but could be better.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Useful to know, thanks!

I'll pay extra attention to the wheels when I do mine ;)

Lost Cosmonauts

The P.1 print as it emerged from the proverbial primordial and is now in capable hands (i.e. not mine)

Meanwhile I have some progress pics from Messers Thoracic and The Wooksta! which suggest some very handsome models are going to appear

(the one in the background of The Wooksta!'s is my first go at the type using FDM printing which will be a nice comparison of the tech types

Knightflyer

All your production look wonderful - I think I shall have to invest in some of your kits in the New Year (and forget the broken before it's made resolution not to buy any more kits!)  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Knightflyer on December 24, 2021, 04:03:50 AM
All your production look wonderful - I think I shall have to invest in some of your kits in the New Year (and forget the broken before it's made resolution not to buy any more kits!)  ;D

Thank you, I'm helped immeasurably both by the generosity of the Project Cancelled and What-If communities with research and advice and by the excellent builds flattering the kits

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Lost Cosmonauts

Afraid the English Electric P.1 see through jet is no longer see through

Mr @crudebuteffective has been busy at the test-build coal face and...

"Flickr links as a temporary measure till I can edit this post on a proper computer"

nekkid
https://flic.kr/p/2mVbzrR

clothed
https://flic.kr/p/2mV67qk

I think I can call that successful and add it to the range when I reopen the store

Lost Cosmonauts

Puttering away and progressing

Fairey Delta 3s aplenty have been printed and sent out so I have some time and space to experiment again

to whit

DH117 - test print is 90% there but a wheel bay cover has gone walkabout and I need to redo the tail section but I'm otherwise pretty happy

The Z122 shortened Blue Steel for TSR2 seems to have gone much better this time

Lost Cosmonauts

*Apologies again for having to click through the links below as flickr on the phone makes embedding the links a faff*

Avro 698 looking handsome with recessed Blue Steels option.

Ready to test print but it'll have an exclusivity period with Lost British Projects at 1/72 and 1/48 before I do it at 1/144

https://flic.kr/p/2n1aERG

And as a retro advert because I can

https://flic.kr/p/2n1aES3

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike