Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 31, 2022, 07:20:57 AM
That Avro 698 just keeps getting better   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Having sent the file off I've passed through the smug self congratulatory phase and am now in absurd nit picking self critical mode. Worrying now whether the outer lip of the intake is too thin compared to the inside and whether I should have added the engine front faces and a small splitter plate partway down... 
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Test print at 1/144 reveals a couple of issues

Jet pipe wall gets a bit thin on the shoulder, few bits of support badly placed but overall more to be happy than disappointed about

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2022, 03:25:06 AM
I'm still fascinated by the whole process  :thumbsup:

To be honest I've had printers for a few years now and still find the process magnetic - I could watch them do their thing for hours

Further to folks sending wishes out into the world on the "My stash..." thread I've drafted up some Blue Water missiles at 1/72 with choices of nosecone and folding/non-folding rear fins

chrisonord

I am liking the look of the Avro bomber too Alistair, a 1/72nd scale one would be a nice addition, as an alternative to the vulcan.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: chrisonord on February 07, 2022, 02:12:58 PM
I am liking the look of the Avro bomber too Alistair, a 1/72nd scale one would be a nice addition, as an alternative to the vulcan.
Chris.

Too large for my printer and the design was a commission so I only retained the rights to the smaller scale. Lost British Projects own it at 1/72 and larger

kitnut617

Alistair, does Lost British Projects have a shop which is not on FB ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 08, 2022, 07:45:12 AM

I've asked for a product and most recent price list to be able to point people so

https://flic.kr/p/2n2Cd5A (TSR2s are 1/32 same as the large Vulcan)

As far as contact goes your best bet is to message via their facebook page or see them at a show. I've not met either Rikki who runs it or Martyn who does the printing in-person

We've swapped some files where our products align (they do bigger prints than I can cope with) and I'll do the odd design commission.

If you're not on facebook I've asked them for an email as an alternative

Lost Cosmonauts

Anyhoo, my own shenanigans

Blue Waters at 1/72 are today's experiment

Alternative nose shapes & folding or non-folding fins depending on whether they are dangling under a TSR2 or not

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 08, 2022, 07:45:12 AM

p.s. if you don't use facebook you can get him at rikki75 (at symbol) btinternet.com

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Smidges more progress:

Blue Water missiles tacked together with tape so I can see the variations of nose, fins and tail fairing

Compared to an existing 1/48 example (thank you chrisonord) the fins are a bit smaller and pointier but they match the drawing I was working from so some have gone out into the world and we'll see how they look on a model or two.

I might thicken up the fins a fraction of a mm as while realistic they might be a bit fragile

DeHavilland DH117 is in progress with Mr kitbasher the test building helm

Nose weight added

Intake trunking painted

Major parts glued and putty applied while other bits are test fitted

Joints cleaned up

and then some primer

The bookazine images and digital version weren't that appealing at first but seeing the parts and model it has grown on me a lot

All being well I'll get revisions done, tested and be able to call the Blue Water missiles, Avro 698 and DH117 done and move onto the next design(s) in the next week or so

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Lost Cosmonauts

A bit more than a year since the bench, stash and tools all went off in a truck into storage and while I've been busy printing for other modellers I've not actually made one of my own kits yet and want to finally remedy that

Barest possible set up of a multitool, stanley knife, sandpaper and superglue to start with (I'll try and get some filler and paint this week)

The parts (I could have sworn there was a pitot in there a moment ago)

Removed from supports with two breakages (the lack of side snips is being sorely felt)

First bits of fuselage being sanded and joined

and a wing on

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit