Lost Cosmonauts' 3D printed what-if playthings and emporium

Started by Lost Cosmonauts, August 11, 2021, 07:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

More progress on the Swallow (Vickers Voulge B2 Pathfinder) - wheels and bays still to come

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

Is that a 1/144 scale one as well?

I'm comparing it with the Scale Reference Micro-Sol pot of course, but you really need a Scale Reference Cat..............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 02, 2022, 11:02:52 AM
Is that a 1/144 scale one as well?

I'm comparing it with the Scale Reference Micro-Sol pit of course, but you really need a Scale Reference Cat..............  ;D

Yes, also a 1/144 one. There is a workshop dog (aka Hadrian the charisma hound) but afraid no cat
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

zenrat

Scale reference dogs are tricky things because dogs vary so much in size.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2022, 05:24:10 AM

So do cats -- a friend was visiting and commented on one of our cats, she said her cat was identical to ours, only her cat was twice as small. And our cat isn't very big in my view.

Here's a pic of the cat in question.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 03, 2022, 07:22:29 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2022, 05:24:10 AM

So do cats -- a friend was visiting and commented on one of our cats, she said her cat was identical to ours, only her cat was twice as small. And our cat isn't very big in my view.

Here's a pic of the cat in question.

I think it depends if your cat is metric or imperial. Also a very fine dog in the picture

NARSES2

I was always told when getting a puppy, especially a mongrel, look at it's paws and they will give you a very good idea of how big they are likely to turn out. When Jan (my ex) got our pup she got it because she said she looked so tiny and cute. As soon as I saw her I commented on the paws and guess who was right ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

Still plugging away. Printers were playing up after my holiday but should be running happily again now

In the meantime I've also gotten the laser cutter running nicely and made a design for 1/72 and 1/144 RAF Germany style HASs

Lost Cosmonauts

... since I was in a hangar groove yesterday I've drawn up a generic 1930s style hangar to try out as well

NARSES2

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 16, 2022, 12:09:40 AM
... since I was in a hangar groove yesterday I've drawn up a generic 1930s style hangar to try out as well

Interesting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 16, 2022, 06:08:45 AM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 16, 2022, 12:09:40 AM... since I was in a hangar groove yesterday I've drawn up a generic 1930s style hangar to try out as well

Interesting  :thumbsup:

Inspiration and drawing

In progress

NARSES2

Lost Cosmonauts

HAS 1 and the 1930s style hangar both got their paper cladding today. Pretty happy with both so far. Minor tweaks needed but nothing drastic

Apologies for these being links again rather than embedded. I've still to find a good way of doing flickr pics when I post from my phone

https://flic.kr/p/2nEYGSB

https://flic.kr/p/2nF7e78

Tub of PVA and mug of tea for scale

NARSES2

Lost Cosmonauts

I've done a bit more sanding to the Avro 698 and slotted in the bomb and wheel bays