Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 13, 2021, 03:28:35 AM

Experience schmearience - I've never made a resin kit in my life. My exposure to resin to-date consists of a couple of PJ Productions helicopter crewmen

Yeah, well.. if you put it like that..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on August 12, 2021, 03:45:57 AM
I may put my hand up for the delta-wing AW.58!

Sorry, someone has already made a start on that at https://www.instagram.com/p/CSZ5hFsDU3l/ - can I put you down for the deHavilland DH117?

Okeydokey, yes please, I'd be honoured!  The DH117 is an interesting design, I always think of it as a sort of very pedestrian British equivalent of the rather more glamorous F-101/CF-101B Voodoo.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on August 12, 2021, 01:29:52 AM
I'll raise my hand for the monster!

I did some work on the undercarriage last night so might have something soon. Are you the UK?

Yes, in the sunny East Riding.  I'd be honoured to tackle it, I've been thinking of scratching it, especially since Dan Sharp's bookazine came out.  I'm an average modeller at best, but would love to have a go, thank you.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Lost Cosmonauts

Cool, so I have volunteers for at least my next 4 designs lined up. (Kitbasher, Rickshaw, Pelison and Mossie,... did I miss anyone?)

Thanks all

The monstrosity has grown legs

Meanwhile over on instagram the delta winged AW.58 has been freed from the supports and is ready to assemble. For the production version I'll change the breakdown of parts and print orientation to make it easier to build and better quality - for this and the swept wing I think I'll draft up some Fireflash missiles so that folks have an option for an in-service build

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

The P.8 has been added to the store - stock is coming as fast as I can print it so expect some to be available from Friday

Have added 1/72 Fireflash missiles - since I modelled them for including in the AW58 kits a few folk had asked if I could do them separately for adding to Swifts, Meteors etc. Just one pair in stock at the moment but again I'll have a more as soon as I can print them off (probably Sunday)
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Sorry if you're checking the store front and I'm showing as being out of stock on planes. I've about three weeks worth of printing to clear (thanks for your enthusiasm for some of the kits already) so once I've cleared that (or doubled down and bought a second printer) I'll restock the store again

Lost Cosmonauts

I know a few folks are waiting on kits and the backlog has grown to about 4 weeks so I've invested in a second printer so hopefully will get through them quicker and not keep you waiting so long

Pellson

That's very nice of you, but in all honesty, and considering the sizes of stash recently revealed - I don't think many will be left without kits to build if they have to wait a month or so..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitnut617

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 30, 2021, 11:27:23 PM
Sorry if you're checking the store front and I'm showing as being out of stock on planes. I've about three weeks worth of printing to clear (thanks for your enthusiasm for some of the kits already) so once I've cleared that (or doubled down and bought a second printer) I'll restock the store again

Hi, do you have a store access that is not on Farcebook ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Sure, my main store front is https://www.numonday.com/shop/gannet-scale-models-store/

Plane kits are out of stock at the moment as I'm prioritising trying to meet the orders folk here have made by message or email - if you like you can let me know what you'd like and I'll do those before I restock on NuMonday

kitnut617

Well I wanted to browse what you have created so far, to see what you have done and what the costs are but not much shows on your page. But something I've been looking for is a Z.122, this was a proposed 'smaller' Blue Steel.

I've been building a model of this in 1/72:

I got hold of three Blue Steels from Airfix some years ago, and got to the point where I was fitting the Blue Steels to the model. But the in-service Blue Steels are much too big for it, so I had asked Phil Butler what was actually in the rendering (Phil had previously told me he worked in the Concorde program) and he thought they were probably meant to be the Z.122. It was also earmarked for the TSR2.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 23, 2021, 07:50:51 AM
Well I wanted to browse what you have created so far, to see what you have done and what the costs are but not much shows on your page. But something I've been looking for is a Z.122, this was a proposed 'smaller' Blue Steel.

I've been building a model of this in 1/72:

I got hold of three Blue Steels from Airfix some years ago, and got to the point where I was fitting the Blue Steels to the model. But the in-service Blue Steels are much too big for it, so I had asked Phil Butler what was actually in the rendering (Phil had previously told me he worked in the Concorde program) and he thought they were probably meant to be the Z.122. It was also earmarked for the TSR2.

Sorry, other way to see some of what I've done is having a scroll through the thread I was writing on secret projects which covered my progress https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/1-72-scale-3d-printed-prototypes-and-proposed-projects.33287/ or if you use instagram - I'm at: https://www.instagram.com/gannetscalemodels/

Cost wise (including postage) I've been doing small missiles about £8, 1/72 aircraft £15-20 but the larger two day prints at £40.

I'm happy listen to suggestions for future kits of missiles, planes or accessories but if you want to commission a particular thing for you then I'd charge my design time hourly and you could have the digital model and all future rights

kitnut617

So £40 for the SR P.187?  Do I order it through Shapeways over this side of the pond? I'm in Canada.

The Wooksta!

If and when you get round to the jet Blue Steel, that would give you a basis for what Bob's after, or just take it as a suggestion and work it into the programme as and when.  If it's applicable to TSR2, it's likely to sell on it's own.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

p.187 to Canada:

Shapeways will demand most of your innards for something that size

I've been doing UK only while I started up. Plan currently is to find local printers for other regions/nations so as to save on shipping but will check what the postage to Canada would be

Other Blue Steels:

if anyone has the relevant drawings... I also need to improve the air-to-air portfolio with Red Hebe etc.