Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 29, 2021, 12:34:27 PM
BAC 583 and their P.45 VG trainer
I keep banging on about the operational Supermarket 545 and the trainer version, the 554. One fuselage and wings, two noses.  The latter is applicable to the Swift wth a new canopy.
That Boulton-Paul trainer, I forget the designation.
Hawker P.1125 and P.1129
And I'll second Dave's request for a DH.127
There's a VG Hawker proposal, but I can't recall the designation.

TBH, there's shedloads of projects I'd like.

I was looking at the Supermarine (or supermarket if you prefer) drawings you sent just earlier - was the 545 you did recently from an existing kit?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Yes, the Maintrack one (currently Whirlybird), but it's the original prototype, whereas production aircraft were to have a redesigned nose reminiscent of the F86D.  The two seat trainer, the Type 554 was based more on the production type.  After 545 was cancelled, 554 bit the dust too, despite meeting all the criteria for the trainer spec that was rewritten around the Hunter T7, but VS offered a two seat radar equipped Swift trainer that reused the type 554 nose.

Looking at the plans, there's a panel line aft of the cockpit that looks like a natural break for an optional nose section. Hence you can get three kits from the same base drawings, but with optional noses.  IIRC I sent drawings for all three and the Swift T-bird.

I'm keen for it, largely as it forms the epitaph for my Alternate Spitfire programme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

You did, thanks. I was just looking at them earlier today
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

KiwiZac

Quote from: McColm on November 29, 2021, 12:37:56 AM
Quote from: KiwiZac on November 28, 2021, 08:39:15 PM
*cough* Solent Mk.IV *cough*
To be honest I have never heard of the Solent before you mentioned it. Britmodeler has a feature on this conversion but I would still like to have the blanking plates and alternative engines for my build.
I admit the market would be pretty narrow but I think Kiwi builders would be keen.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

McColm

I was thinking along the lines of a Group Build, as the Sunderland is one kit that's always available and there's so many variables that can be built.

Lost Cosmonauts

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think a range of Sunderland conversion parts is a goer from me.

I've had a read around and I hate saying no to stuff but I'm afraid that it's not a subject that grabs me enough to get hold of the base kits and spend the time and effort on

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on November 30, 2021, 12:49:04 AM
Sorry to disappoint but I don't think a range of Sunderland conversion parts is a goer from me.

I've had a read around and I hate saying no to stuff but I'm afraid that it's not a subject that grabs me enough to get hold of the base kits and spend the time and effort on

Nothing stopping anyone who wants to doing a conversion set themselves though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

With all the spare time next year, balsa wood and a few resin moulds should do the trick.

Lost Cosmonauts

I'm not at a proper computer and trying to embed images on the phone is a faff so please bear with me. Will edit this next week to do it the right way.

In the meantime you should hopefully be able to click through the following links if you're interested in a gander at:

Digital draft of parts breakdown for the Fairey Delta 3: https://flic.kr/p/2mLJMcc

Parts as printed: https://flic.kr/p/2mNoRAm

The Wooksta!

Looks awesome.  I trust you've got me down for one?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 03, 2021, 07:54:49 AM
Looks awesome.  I trust you've got me down for one?

I vaguely recall a suggestion somewhere that you might fancy one. Trial one will head off to Mr Thorvik next week for a build and running of a critical eye over

Depends if you want to wait for the 👍🏻 or 👎🏼 on that as there is another in mid print which I could wing your way if you'd rather get your mitts on it early rather than wait for any tweaks?

The Wooksta!

Hard choice, but I'm an impatient sod at times. I'll go with an early one. Besides, I've a boast to make good on!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Steady on, I'll not hold you to your pre-Telford productivity standards. Judging by the "my stash just grew" thread you've got kits up to your eyeballs and enough ideas to keep you simmering till the crack of doom

Taking a break from workshop/house renovations & assorted debris this weekend so will get it off the machine and out to you mid next week. Then I need to crack on with all of the Saro P.187 back orders that have trickled in while I've been out of action

The Wooksta!

Said boast
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 16, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 16, 2021, 01:06:46 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 16, 2021, 12:49:51 PM
I simply don't have the time to do everything.
I dunno, you do a good impression of a modeller capable of just about any transformation in no time. I bet if I got a FD3 to you the week before Telford it'd show up finished and immaculate.

You can blame Wooksta! for spotting my nascent 3D printer whiffery obsession and then adding fuel to the embers

I probably could, provided it arrived the Friday before. If that's a challenge then you're on!

Would have to be a simple scheme, but I'd be aiming for the cover of the first British Secret Projects book.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Ok, face ache seems to be responding well to antibiotics so looks like the resin isn't blame

Am back taking orders via message here or the numonday storefront at
https://www.numonday.com/shop/gannet-scale-models-store/

I'm printing to order so if the stock isn't there or you're wanting multiples just drop me a line and I'll do my best to accomodate