Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Let me know if you get an associate over here then please Alistair. Then I'll get one to go with my other SR aircraft kits (SRA/1, SR 53, SR.177)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 23, 2021, 11:43:24 AM
Let me know if you get an associate over here then please Alastair. Then I'll get one to go with my other SR aircraft kits (SRA/1, SR 53, SR.177)

When I'm in the post office next sending one out I'll ask what the Canada postage would be like
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 23, 2021, 11:58:04 AM
Let me know if you get an associate over here then please Alastair. Then I'll get one to go with my other SR aircraft kits (SRA/1, SR 53, SR.177)

Standard airmail looks like being £20 or so

When I'm in the post office next sending one out I'll ask what the Canada postage would be like
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

kitnut617

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 24, 2021, 02:58:37 AM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on September 23, 2021, 11:58:04 AM

Standard airmail looks like being £20 or so

OK then, now I'm interested but not this month. Got a big car repair job coming up on mrs kitnut's vehicle first, heater core has to be replaced before winter really sets in.

Lost Cosmonauts

After a bit of discussion and 3-view drawing horse trading with kitnut617...

and with folded fin

kitnut617

Lost Cosmonauts

Apologies if you've seen the newsletter and come here to see what is happening - have had a health issue and family emergency which has meant I've not done much in the last couple of weeks and won't be able to run things off for at least the next week

Sorry for any disappointment, normal service will resume as soon as I can

Pellson

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on October 25, 2021, 02:20:54 AM
Apologies if you've seen the newsletter and come here to see what is happening - have had a health issue and family emergency which has meant I've not done much in the last couple of weeks and won't be able to run things off for at least the next week

Take care, mate. Life and family outweigh basically anything, so go slow until things settle down
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitnut617

Quote from: Pellson on October 25, 2021, 03:59:36 AM

Take care, mate. Life and family outweigh basically anything, so go slow until things settle down

I concur and don't forget, this is just a hobby --- not the most important thing in the world.

Martin H

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 25, 2021, 06:19:27 AM
Quote from: Pellson on October 25, 2021, 03:59:36 AM

I concur and don't forget, this is just a hobby --- not the most important thing in the world.

I'll third that. family and wellbeing come first.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Lost Cosmonauts

Thanks folks, family all good (or as good as one could reasonably hope for) & I'm largely on the mend as well

I'll aim to get back printing again next week and both catch up with requests I wasn't able to fulfil and a couple of new kits to offer up

The Wooksta!

The parts breakdown posted on Facebook for the forthcoming FD.3 looks very impressive.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Have you ever thought of making conversion sets in 1/72 scale? I have a long list of ideas that would go towards your beer tokens or Christmas present funds.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 04:58:25 AM
Have you ever thought of making conversion sets in 1/72 scale? I have a long list of ideas that would go towards your beer tokens or Christmas present funds.

I'm happy to take suggestions but my radius gauges and micrometer are in storage while we renovate the house so it may be for Christmas '22 present funds

McColm

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on November 28, 2021, 05:51:06 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 04:58:25 AM

I'm happy to take suggestions but my radius gauges and micrometer are in storage while we renovate the house so it may be for Christmas '22 present funds
That's okay I can wait.