Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Glad to hear that it's not the resin's fault  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Lost Cosmonauts

Thanks, took a while to get to the root of but happy it is finally improving

Meanwhile... Mr Wooksta! has been busy making me look halfway professional by helping me with some box art... now I'm just in need of some pretty examples of builds to put centre stage.

If you've built one of my kits and wouldn't mind it being shared on as promotional materials and possibly being the box top image please drop me a line with your model against a contrasting plain backdrop. All submitted models will go into a draw (end January to let folks who've just ordered kits get some modelling time in) for a free kit of your choice
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Y'all have cleaned me out of almost everything & one printer is in need of maintenance so I'm calling time on it for the year.

Thanks for your support and enthusiasm & the shop will reopen early in 2022 with a restock and some spiffy new designs
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 17, 2021, 08:52:41 AM
Y'all have cleaned me out of almost everything & one printer is in need of maintenance so I'm calling time on it for the year.

Thanks for your support and enthusiasm & the shop will reopen early in 2022 with a restock and some spiffy new designs

I'm sure that all those here assembled would like to thank you for your considerable services to whiffery!!    Enjoy your Christmas break!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Leading Observer

Quote from: Rheged on December 17, 2021, 10:13:58 AM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 17, 2021, 08:52:41 AM

I'm sure that all those here assembled would like to thank you for your considerable services to whiffery!!    Enjoy your Christmas break!!

Seconded :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Glenn Gilbertson

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on December 17, 2021, 09:42:10 AM
Your most welcome  :thumbsup:

Thanks, look forward to seeing how your build comes together in due course

Quote from: Rheged on December 17, 2021, 10:13:58 AM

Quote from: Leading Observer on December 17, 2021, 10:22:35 AM
Seconded :thumbsup:

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on December 19, 2021, 01:29:05 PM
Thirded! :thumbsup:

Thanks all, the appreciation goes both ways - I'm delighted to find folks likemindedly keen on these types. You've made starting up my little microbusiness a genuine joy

The builds of the Fairey Delta 3 are going very nicely and the main point of feedback was to make the pitot a separate part so it doesn't get knocked off. Done.

Shop reopened although restocking will take a couple of weeks as I've a fortnight or so worth of orders for the FD3 to try and meet before I can do anything else

Lost Cosmonauts

Messers @Thorvic and @The Wooksta! continue to make lovely progress on the Fairey Delta 3 and I've started churning out a tweaked production version of that at £35 (inc. UK postage) for preorders. The dead printer has been revived and I've just gotten a delivery of 8kg of resin so full steam ahead for a little while

Meanwhile @crudebuteffective has been going great guns and made a test build of the downscaled Lost British Projects English Electric P.1 - they do it at 1/48 but I'm now able to offer it at 1/72 for £20. The cockpit canopy is solid and connected to the fuselage so difficult to add vac form to but I'm very impressed with how it looks built up

The Wooksta!

I can second just how good that kit is.  Even before cleanup it just looks amazing. And at twenty notes inc. P&P, an absolute steal.

I think we've all paid more for resins kits of far more dubious quality...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 13, 2022, 07:07:48 AM

Some of no quality at all!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2022, 09:41:35 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 13, 2022, 07:07:48 AM

Some of no quality at all!  :o

Certainly done that and there's the vaguest possibility that one injection kit I have is actually of a negative value on the basis that any attempt at building it would be detrimental to your health and no I'm not talking about a certain Ukrainian resin producer whose kits I actually enjoy if I'm in the right move.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

;D ;D

I have one of those kits too, of a Karas, that could possibly me made into a model of a Karas, but only by replacing all the parts by the Heller bits instead!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Oddly mines of a Polish aircraft to, but it's a PZL 50
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lost Cosmonauts

I did a Starfix 1/48 Spitfire last year out of sheer masochistic curiosity. For accuracy is roughly on a par with the inflatable Spitfires you get at fairgrounds, for modelling pleasure it is bettered by your scalpel rolling off the bench and impaling a thigh

I got it for nowt and still feel overcharged