Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

That 1/72 scale Swallow looks as if it should be in the Star Wars universe.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2021, 01:07:17 PM
Was the DH127 that one with a pair of swivelling exhaust nozzles as well as a conventional exhaust?

That's the one, Kit.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I've got the plans for it blown up in the scratchbodge plan book.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I LOVE the 1/72 scale Swallow, will it carry a Tallboy?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 23, 2022, 08:26:32 AM
I LOVE the 1/72 scale Swallow, will it carry a Tallboy?  ;)

Blue Danube or a recessed Blue Steel would probably fit.
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

I want a Swallow at some point, but will have to sell some stuff to fund it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Leading Observer

I would like to thank Alistair for his outstanding customer service :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

I second that wholeheartedly.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 23, 2022, 03:56:15 PM
I second that wholeheartedly.
I wish to be associated with the above comment.  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

Thanks, the comments on customer service mean a lot

I had been messaging with another modeller about getting a kit to him ahead of release for a planned recuperation and then sorting out some spares and checking in last week how the build was going which you could call customer service but was more friendly modellers having a natter. I learned yesterday that he passed away on this week.

I'm very glad that we were chatting as fellow modellers - that's how I very much want to work
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Apologies for not embedding the pics properly but due to log in issues I can only access on my phone

AW171 test build is done and looking very nice.

https://flic.kr/p/2nseAFe

https://flic.kr/p/2nscaUC

I've sent off a few recent orders so that's me all but cleaned out - thanks everyone for the support and so see y'all in August when I turn the printers back on after their summer break

Lost Cosmonauts

Mornin' all

Printers and I were thoroughly worn out over winter but I'm making a tentative start back at it. Range is now too big for me to keep everything in stock so I'm mainly doing to order

AW.169 is available as is the Low Level Viper engined Blue Steel. AW.56 and Blackburn P.139 are ready to test build

Which brings me onto another topic - if you'd like to be the test builder of the 1/144 AW.56 then that is available via an ebay auction starting at 1p and 100% of proceeds going to the Red Cross

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314414069590

PR19_Kit

What a cracking idea, the Red Cross donation I mean. Well done.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2023, 07:18:24 AMWhat a cracking idea, the Red Cross donation I mean. Well done.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, I've also been donating proceeds of any missile sales to the Red Cross Ukraine appeal. Hopefully the auction will see a bit more of a bump in the last 12 hours