English Electric P.8 - Spec F.155 Lightning development

Started by The Wooksta!, August 12, 2021, 06:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Looks brilliant & the feedback on the build has been incredibly useful
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Cleanup done and the second coat of silver has been applied.  Still some more niggly sanding to clean up and I can get the final coat on.  There's a few areas that could be cleaned up a tad more, but TBH, I think that's going to be an endless task akin to painting the Forth bridge but at some point you have to say it's enough.  Now I think is that point.

The canopy is a bit misaligned at the back, but I think that was my cackhandedness and I foolishly left off rescibing the ailerons underneath.  That's now done, so final coat of paint here we come and the decals can go on later.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

The decals are on and it has it's character. Not happy with the wing walkways but I can live with it.

I'll get the varnish on tomorrow and tidy up a few smaller bits and it's done. I'll post the rest of the pics then.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Progress!

Final silver coat

With decals

Nearly done

Does my bum look big in this?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

:thumbsup:

Any issues with the paint going on, Lee?  I realise you sprayed it but do you foresee any problems with hairy stick painting?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Steel Penguin

Cracking Lee ! and thank you for the as you built review.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on August 16, 2021, 01:40:44 PM

Any issues with the paint going on, Lee?  I realise you sprayed it but do you foresee any problems with hairy stick painting?

None as far as I could see, but I'd still recommend a coat of Halfords Primer.  And if you're buying the primer, you may as well by their Aluminium too.

Just the pitot and a few tiny aerials, but they can wait.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 16, 2021, 02:24:14 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on August 16, 2021, 01:40:44 PM

None as far as I could see, but I'd still recommend a coat of Halfords Primer.  And if you're buying the primer, you may as well by their Aluminium too.

Just the pitot and a few tiny aerials, but they can wait.

Ta, Lee
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Nick

Am I right in thinking that the P.8 was intended to be the ultimate fixed wing Lightning, solving all the issues with missiles and fuel range?

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!