Vehicles of the Zombie Apocalypse - VW of the Zombie Apocalypse (VW Pic's pg.6)

Started by Old Wombat, August 15, 2021, 10:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 10:19:20 AM

Actually the cause of the problems were owners and garages not following the proper maintenance procedures, but by the time that became known it was too late for many of the Triumph engines. :(

As my tame mechanic says " The problem with a lot of cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
Actually the cause of the problems were owners and garages not following the proper maintenance procedures, but by the time that became known it was too late for many of the Triumph engines. :(

The cause of many a problem with so many of the European cars of the '50s through '70s
exported to the US, aside from the VW Bug. Far too many of the buyers expected to be able
to drive and maintain them like a Detroit lump, ignoring the maintenance schedules and
lugging them by not learning to shift them properly. Sorry folks a four, especially an alloy
twin-cam, can't be driven like an iron-lump Detroit I-6 or V-8.
:banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 25, 2021, 11:16:31 AM

..and hell even the original Triumph V8 was a American and was found on a rubbish pile but if i remember right that was just rumour.

Nope, not the case.

The Triumph V8 in the Stag was effectively two Triumph Dolomite 1.8 litre engines joined together at 90 deg to each other.

The Rover V8 was originally a GM design used by Buick, Oldsmobile and Pontiac, that was taken over by Rover in 1965. The 'rubbish pile' business was a rumour as the sale of the engine was negotiated after Rover's American head saw one of them at Mercury Marine's HQ the previous year.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Putting 2 Dolomite engines together was probably why its wasnt a success..by themselves there not bad little engines and they can be modded to make some pretty good power..ive done some work on the Sprint verison..one a race car..that was quite a quick car really.
Yeah thought the engine in the scrap pile was bogus ..ive brought engines from scrap piles for full rebuilds and ive brought engines that have been blown to bits ..for the wall of death in our old workshop  ;D
The prize engine we had was a nitro drag engine which had blown itself in half and i do mean in half..pretty amazing to look at i can tell ya.
We did build a supercharged Rover V8 for a customer which went into a P76 Layland car he owned..wasnt to serious a build..just a 6/71 blower ..rebuilt heads..bigger valves and the rest..springs and keepers ..the engine got a 40 thou bore which is nothing much and a custom camshaft..quite a special grind on the cam..that really brought this little motor to life..good for 700HP ..so nothing crazy but more than enough for that motor..any more and that motor would end up on the wall.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Thats what happens Fred when you drive to fast past a truck with is folding tail ramp down..ive got a lovely little scar on my left leg cause i wasnt looking where i was walking ..those ramps csn be nasty  :lol:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I had a little Hyundai go into the rear of a trayback ute I was driving.  The angle iron mounting the tray opened up the bonnet and wing of the car like a can opener.  The ute suffered a bent rear light bracket which I straightened by hand.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Long gone are the days when cars were made of thick steel..its all money now as we know.
So many cars today are boring to the point its almost getting impossible to tell em apart and small is the by word now..i hate small ..the sub compact car is something which ill never own ..i like the feeling of size around me not that if i fart i might buckle a door.
Nope ill stick with my Diamante thank you very much.

PR19_Kit

SMALL?

I'll try and remember that the next time the gawp who lives up the hill from me drives his GARGANTUAN Audi Q7 down, barely missing all the smaller cars parked alongside my house...........  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I was talking cars Kit not SUVs which are all over the place size wise..you do have the Euro jobs which seem to be getting bigger and here in NZ they congregate pretty much only in cities..bloody great place for them where there's bugger all space for them anyway.
Here in the country towns we get a crap load of 4X4s but thats to be expected..but their farmers and the like where as 90% of people who drive Q7s and Range Rovers here are twats.
I was talking about ugly little puke boxes like the toyota yaris and Nissan micra..there everywhere here ..luckily we still have plenty of fokes here who like big cars .
Most blokes here are 6ft + and 100 kgs and up ..imagine 4 guys that size trying to fit in a yaris  :lol:

Old Wombat

Man, has this build dragged on, or what!? :o

Anyway, it's 3:45am here & I've finally finished the VW T3 Transporter (base still needs to be done), so there should be photo's tomor ... later today! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Here we go! Photo's of the (finally) finished vehicle! :smiley:

I think it looks better in the plastic, the yellows (especially in the rust) seem to have been enhanced it the photo's.

Still, not too shabby! ;)

I hope to have a completed dio base done soon but I have to tidy the work bench first. :banghead:

Mossie

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 13, 2021, 04:46:56 PM

Still, not too shabby! ;)

Not bad since there's an apocalypse on, I've seen worse in running condition.  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.