St Ives Brampton 2021

Started by Nick, August 16, 2021, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

IPMS Brampton are holding their show this year. https://ipmsbramptonscalemodelclub.co.uk/club-show

26th September 2021 at the Burgess Hall, St Ives.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, I may be able to be there, but won't have too many models with me as it's the day before my holiday starts, and I'll already be en route there.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

I got handed a flyer today at my LHS for IPMS Chiltern World of Modelling Show 2021 on 12th September at the Weatherley Centre in Biggleswade
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on August 16, 2021, 09:56:09 AM
IPMS Brampton are holding their show this year. https://ipmsbramptonscalemodelclub.co.uk/club-show

26th September 2021 at the Burgess Hall, St Ives.  :thumbsup:
Interesting. Were not showing on the club list but we are showing on their floor plan.
Ive emailed the organisers to find out what the score is.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

Very unlikely to be going this year. Clashing events see.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Freightdog862

I have booked a trade table, looking forward to my first (and maybe only, depending on Telford going ahead?) show outing for 2021.

Colin

Freightdog862

Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 17, 2021, 02:50:03 AM
I have booked a trade table, looking forward to my first (and maybe only, depending on Telford going ahead?) show outing for 2021.

Colin

Change of plans, no longer trading, but hoping to go to the show for a few hours as a punter. No shows for me as a trader this year. 

Colin

Nick

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 13, 2021, 06:36:13 AM

Colin

Change of plans, no longer trading, but hoping to go to the show for a few hours as a punter. No shows for me as a trader this year. 

Colin

Either way it will be good to see you there.

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 07:53:55 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 13, 2021, 06:36:13 AM

Colin

Colin

Either way it will be good to see you there.
I agree. Plus my wallet will be able to breath a little easier for a while longer.........................
Unfortunately,

Martin H

Quote from: Martin H on September 13, 2021, 02:17:34 PM
Plus my wallet will be able to breath a little easier for a while longer.........................
And it did. My only purchase apart from some food from the bar was a couple of bottles from the micro sol / set range.

Not a massive turn out of sig members, with only me, Nick P and Rich B displaying. But we were re enforced by the presance of the venrable Mike McEvoy for most of the day and Colin S (Freightdog) getting used to being a paying punter for once, rather than trading.

heres a Link to the photos I took. Give me a shout if it doesnt work..........
Unfortunately,

Rheged

Pix work fine for me.  Thank you for posting them.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Looked like a veritable Saunders-Roe and Harrier fest on the SIG table!  :thumbsup:

A pity I couldn't make it, looked a VERY good show.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

It was a good show with better attendance than I'd expected. Not so many visitors but lots of buzz behind the tables as people meet up for the first time in over a year.

I won a ship in the raffle. It has no wheels which is right for HMS Liverpool  :wacko: 
This 1/700 Dragon kit includes a Lynx helicopter that is smaller than my thumbnail.

kitbasher

Great SIG display, Martin, thanks for sharing the pics  :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Great photos Martin thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.