Captured Triebflugel

Started by Devilfish, August 19, 2021, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

Towards the end of WW2, the Allies took control of dozens of Luftwaffe aircraft,including some new designs that they hadn't seen before. One such, the Focke Wulf Triebflugel, was of particular interest.  Eric "Winkle" Brown was tasked with test flying it. 

2021-08-13_10-13-32 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-13-18 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-12-59 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-12-36 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

sandiego89

Nice! great colors.  It would be helpful if you linked smaller pictures
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Tophe

:thumbsup: With those roundels of the good side, I clap my hands without feeling guilty, thanks! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Looks good, really does suit that scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Nice, the RAF livery (and the red and yellow) works very well.  :thumbsup:

Mossie

That looks great, very good paint skills and combination of colours.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Glenn Gilbertson

Devilfish

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 19, 2021, 05:00:30 PM
Nice! great colors.  It would be helpful if you linked smaller pictures

If I knew how, I would.  They're a normal size on other forums...

buzzbomb

Nice work, that colour scheme looks really good on that.

One hack to make images smaller you can try

when you click the image icon you should see the link appear with the img tag

To restrain the width add [img width=800] that will size the image to 800 pixels (or whatever number you place) wide. Appears to work on on this forum for my image source, unsure on other sources such as Flickr though.

scooter

Quote from: Devilfish on August 19, 2021, 02:29:04 PM
Towards the end of WW2, the Allies took control of dozens of Luftwaffe aircraft,including some new designs that they hadn't seen before. One such, the Focke Wulf Triebflugel, was of particular interest.  Eric "Winkle" Brown was tasked with test flying it. 

2021-08-13_10-13-32 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-13-18 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-12-59 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
2021-08-13_10-12-36 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

:thumbsup:

Quote from: buzzbomb on August 20, 2021, 04:15:15 PMAppears to work on on this forum for my image source, unsure on other sources such as Flickr though.

It does.  I changed them in the above quote to 1280.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

YES!    A first rate piece of work.

I would be fascinated to read Eric Brown's notes on this machine if anyone here can "discover" them....................or if there are no objections from anyone, I might even try to "find" them myself.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I'm not convinced of the effectiveness of the roundels on the rotors but I can imagine the MOD insisting that "if it flies it must have wings and those wings must have roundels painted on them".

Excellent build.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 21, 2021, 04:58:38 AM
I'm not convinced of the effectiveness of the roundels on the rotors but I can imagine the MOD insisting that "if it flies it must have wings and those wings must have roundels painted on them".

I can imagine the RAF insisting it had roundels on the basis of "we captured it ........."  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.