Pour embeter Tophe (to annoy Tophe): BV 282 Finished

Started by loupgarou, August 22, 2021, 03:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Sorry, Tophe, mon cheri. C'est une plaisanterie, je ne veux absolument pas te facher.
I had this idea for a looong time, but this time I HAD to do it (or at least to start  :rolleyes: )
What more recce than a BV 141 ? So I decided to double it:
Let start the symmetrization. It's curious that I have two very different colours from different age boxes.

After a few cuts, that is how the parts will/should go together:

And, as I am using the short wings, I am managing to annoy Kit, too.   :wacko:
(actually,  I  HAD to do this, in order to avoid sacrifying 3 kits to build one plane)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

Good! not asymmetric anymore but twin-boom which is nice also! :thumbsup:
I presented Glenn's one in one of my book years ago, I think he was the first to create that (and I survived) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I checked my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/index2.htm
and there was first the Bv-141Z of Igor (Unicraft creator) in my book "supplement to Forked Ghosts" then the one of Glenn (our member here) in my book "the end of Forked Ghosts".
Your third one will be welcome! :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on August 22, 2021, 03:06:34 PM

And, as I am using the short wings, I am managing to annoy Kit, too.   :wacko:

Tut, tut!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I have gathered what I drew years ago anout this subject. This is not annoying me but like a celebration of our common delirium ;D

= link https://i.imgur.com/9juqh50.jpg

Tophe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Tophe, I see my idea is not very new!  ;D
You have already drawn a lot of even more obstreperous concepts, very interesting.
Should you want to build physically your latest drawing, I have a crew nacelle left over.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Tophe

Good! In one way or another, do as you prefer, having this in plastic 3D is a great victory over Real World anyway :thumbsup:

loupgarou

I managed to complete another build!  :cheers:
The BV 282 is ready. I could say a "straight from the box" build, as, apart from mixing parts from 2 kits, I haven't modified or super-detailed anything, and didn't need heavy surgery.
As source for the colour scheme I used Flugzeug Classic Special 11, enlarged a 3-view plan to full size,and cut it over a sheet of adhesive film to create masks.

The most difficult part was the greenhouse, I had bought (first time in my life) a set of Eduard masks but just positioning the hundred or so SMALL bits of foil was nerve wracking  :banghead:.  And the result was not perfect anyway... I use Vallejo Air paints, in this case their RLM 65,70 and 71 for a very classic schema.

THE STORY:
The BV 141 was not well received by flying crew, they were distrustful of the unusual asymmetric configuration,and also complained it was under powered.
Blohm und Voss, to avoid losing a juicy Luftwaffe contract,and having already started production, and stocked the necessary engines, sought a quick solution, usingasmuchexistingcompnents as possible. The RLM accepted grumbling and the production contract was switched to the new model.
But pilots then started complaining that the visibility was much reduced compared to the BV 141...
Pilots are like women: impossible to please!  :banghead:

p.s. I don't consider this a Zwilling. IMO Zwilling have  TWO fuselages joined by a common wing, this is a different proposition.