Post Apoc Traders of the Wasteland - Done

Started by buzzbomb, August 25, 2021, 08:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Was a toss up for this between Sci Fi and figures, maybe sort of fits here better. Same deal as Wombat's build

Some post apocalyptic Traders, going around the settlements with trade goods. Being attractive goodies, pretty sure they would engage some serious looking folks to ensure stuff gets where it is supposed to
Basic tinkerings with the concept and

A bit further down the track.... being in lockdown with pretty average weather does get some model building done

Some Cart basics

Stores and a bit of Camel action

Camel and figure progress

No real idea of what the Tare capacity of a full laden Camel is but I hope this gets the point over

All in all, moving ahead quite nicely

TomZ

Wow, that looks absolutely great!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

McColm

Rheged

This has all the signs of being another fascinating piece of work. 

Brief research  suggests the average camel can carry 300kg over long periods, the fittest bucks up to 400kg for shorter distances. No idea of the drawbar pull figures!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

The camel in the picture below is carrying at least 200kg.  It didn't seem to struggle.

Camel 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Tow weight is, generally, always higher than carry weight.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

thanks guys.

Almost there, bit of a test fit with the last of the figures, a customer with trade goods.

Awaiting a couple of final bits, provided by the stupendous Old Wombat :icon_alabanza: and some touch ups and then good to go.

The women and baby come from this 101st Light Company set. I would think it depicts a "collaboration horizontale" women, who were treated rather poorly. Finding a use for figures like this is sometimes difficult, but maybe works here with a few mods

zenrat

Looking good BB.

IME finding suitable civilian figures is harder than finding soldiers yet there are always civilians about unless it is an actual battle scene one is modelling.  Small boys and old men will always gather to look at armoured vehicles, and young women at young men in uniform.

I'm still looking for a 1/35 "Professor Challenger" type figure (portly, safari suit, pith helmet, gun belts, bandoliers...).
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on August 29, 2021, 03:46:07 AM
Looking good BB.

IME finding suitable civilian figures is harder than finding soldiers yet there are always civilians about unless it is an actual battle scene one is modelling.  Small boys and old men will always gather to look at armoured vehicles, and young women at young men in uniform.

I'm still looking for a 1/35 "Professor Challenger" type figure (portly, safari suit, pith helmet, gun belts, bandoliers...).

A problem I'm having too, only 1/72 scale figures. I've been trying to find the type of aircrew that would be on board a AWAC/AEW (or transport and not just the pilots). I want to pose a scene of them waiting to board or getting on board but I can't find anything suitable.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 29, 2021, 05:53:09 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 29, 2021, 03:46:07 AM
Looking good BB.

A problem I'm having too, only 1/72 scale figures. I've been trying to find the type of aircrew that would be on board a AWAC/AEW (or transport and not just the pilots). I want to pose a scene of them waiting to board or getting on board but I can't find anything suitable.

Have you looked at PJ Productions?
https://www.pj-production.be/en/7-figures-1-72
Fred