Prone Pilot Hunter

Started by PR19_Kit, August 27, 2021, 06:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I was thinking of Eric Brown actually.  ;D

But from memory a few Dan Dare era pilots were Digby, Pierre, Hank, the redoutable Prof. Peabody, and Flamer Spry, the midshipman.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 22, 2021, 10:10:48 AM

But from memory a few Dan Dare era pilots were Digby, Pierre, Hank, the redoutable Prof. Peabody, and Flamer Spry, the midshipman.  ;D

I will keep the idea for myself then and do some refference checking over the weekend.  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

frank2056

That would work! His book, "Wings on My Sleeve: The World's Greatest Test Pilot tells his story" is winging its way to me, from a friend in Scotland.

PR19_Kit

Decaling the PP Hunter is taking an AGE as I have to varnish every single one of the dayglo bits after applying the, Otherwise they move just due to gravity, for goodness sake! This sheet really is atrocious!

I've managed to stop many of the items breaking up by giving the whole sheet a coat of Klear, but it's not perfect by any means.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

There's Sir Hubert Guest and Commander Lex O'Malley too.....................  but I really do like the idea of Professor Jocelyn Peabody  as the name on this Hunter.

Come to think of it, kill markings of 4 Treens and a Mekon   would suit the side of this airframe.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on October 23, 2021, 11:33:56 AM

There's Sir Hubert Guest and Commander Lex O'Malley too.....................  but I really do like the idea of Professor Jocelyn Peabody  as the name on this Hunter.

Come to think of it, kill markings of 4 Treens and a Mekon   would suit the side of this airframe.

;D ;D ;D

I think the Flatron would suit them better, might pinch the idea

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on October 23, 2021, 11:33:56 AM

Does the Dan Dare Prof. Peabody have a boy named Sherman?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on October 23, 2021, 12:35:17 PM

Does the Dan Dare Prof. Peabody have a boy named Sherman?

Definitely not!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I don't think I've ever built a model that took SO long to decal!  :o

I started doing this on Thursday, and I've still got all of the port wing to go. I wouldn't mind it if it was something big, but it's only a Hunter, for crying out loud!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've got all the decals on the upper side of the Prone Pilot Hunter now, so much so that it almost glows in the dark! It's not quite symmetrical (and Tophe will love that!  ;D) as I couldn't get the tip stripes to line up properly, and that affected the whole layout of the stripes, but it's close enough for Government work.  ;)

I've still got the underside of the port wing to do, but that's tomorrow's problem....

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Excuse me, I need to put on my sun glasses!  That Hunter glows! Good work there!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gondor

What P number are you giving it Kit?

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on October 25, 2021, 02:35:25 AM

What P number are you giving it Kit?

It won't have one Alastair.

Because Hawker had naff all to do with it, and all the engineering was done by the RAE guys at Farnborough, it was P-less.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

At last the decals are DONE! And about time too!

It's just as bright on the bottom as it is ion the top.  ;D

Regards
Kit