Prone Pilot Hunter

Started by PR19_Kit, August 27, 2021, 06:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Have you checked your local £ Store, or equivalent Kit ? They tend to be with the "Kiddies Party" stuff.

Slightly shorter than those you get in "proper" stores and occasionally splinter a little, but at the price/amount you get, who's to complain ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

I never use toothpicks, unless is for a rickety fence in a diorama ... I long-handled cotton swabs - roll them over emplaced decals to remove excess water - but those long handles make great spikes, given a wee bit of elbow grease with a double-mill file.

I also use the sharpened ones to place super-glue into small spaces.

I get them from Amazon - you get 200-300 for about $5, and they last me years.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

I'm fighting to get this finished for Telford before I leave home on Wednesday, and it's still touch and go.

The main gear legs are assembled and glued in place, but the nose gear snapped almost as soon as its glue had set.  :banghead: Luckily I have a metal set from SAC and I'll try and graft that  on in place. All the small doors then have to be glued on, and that'll be pretty fiddly if I recall previous Hunter builds correctly. :(

I have got the canopy in place now, and that'll need masking up and painting, and that should be that.

Fingers crossed that I'll make it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Looks like there's a MUCH better chance of the PP Hunter making it to Telford now.  ;D

I've spent the last hour or so gluing the myriad gear doors in position and attaching the SAC metal nose leg.

A hint for other users of this nicely detailed accessory, bend the two side legs apart a little bit and file the slot a LOT deeper, or the stock Revell nosewheel won't fit!

Don't ask me how I know this of course.....

One of the tiny outer side doors for the main gear has vanished, but it's just a 2 x 3mm rectangle and a scrap bit of styrene will go on there later, and the serial no. decal has fallen off one outer door. That may not make it to Telford, it's underneath the aircraft and difficult to see anyway....

Just the main wheels to add and tha canopy to mask and paint and that's it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2021, 09:58:12 AM
Looks like there's a MUCH better chance of the PP Hunter making it to Telford now.  ;D

I've spent the last hour or so gluing the myriad gear doors in position and attaching the SAC metal nose leg.

A hint for other users of this nicely detailed accessory, bend the two side legs apart a little bit and file the slot a LOT deeper, or the stock Revell nosewheel won't fit!

Don't ask me how I know this of course.....

One of the tiny outer side doors for the main gear has vanished, but it's just a 2 x 3mm rectangle and a scrap bit of styrene will go on there later, and the serial no. decal has fallen off one outer door. That may not make it to Telford, it's underneath the aircraft and difficult to see anyway....

Just the main wheels to add and tha canopy to mask and paint and that's it.  ;D

Glad to hear it Kit. I have found my second Xtrakit Scimitar which I had started so I think the naval PP aircraft is a go  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

XF371 is done at last!  ;D

And in the nick of time for Telford, but at least the paint will be dry on the day, unlike some of the models I've shown there in the past. :(

The cockpit framing's all painted now, and I'm just waiting for the gloss varnish to dry off and then I'll post the odd pic or two.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

And here's the pics of the completed prone pilot Hunter.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Reminds me of a cartoon character, but I can't remember which one  :unsure:

Nice job Kit  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Odd lookin'! :o But nice bit of work! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

An odd beauty! I'm sure Eric "Winkle" Brown would have loved testing it! He was a fan (of sorts) for prone pilot positions.

PR19_Kit

The question is now, what do I do with the other prone pilot Meteor nose?

I'm tempted to 'Go Soviet' and stick it on a Yak 25 or similar, but with a more Russian canopy, the standard one is just TOO stylish for the Eastern Bloc.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 11, 2021, 11:33:16 AM

Starfighter?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on November 11, 2021, 01:22:03 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 11, 2021, 11:33:16 AM

Starfighter?

Gondor

Whirlwind?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit