Boulton Paul Defiant PR Mk I. Finished Pics Pg 4.

Started by zenrat, August 28, 2021, 04:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The hunch is to allow space for the darkroom and editing suite..
Nothing to do with not wanting to face the amount of PSR cutting it down would have involved.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Well of course, it's the logical position for them.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Obviously using the same paint shop as my Moonbat  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

Add some numbers and it could alternatively become a Reno Racer?  :o

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 19, 2021, 06:24:09 AM

What other colour would you use for an RAF PRU bird?  Well, other than PRU pink obviously.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 20, 2021, 02:54:25 AM

What other colour would you use for an RAF PRU bird?  Well, other than PRU pink obviously.

Camotint maybe?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Transfers.  I thought I had those from the Airfix Spit PR XIX but upon investigation all I have is the roundels and they have white rings where research shows wartime all over Pru Blu aircraft had Red/Blue roundels.
I have ordered an aftermarket xtradecal set from evil-bay but estimated delivery is October 11th so I shall be seeing what I can put together from bits and pieces with this new set as a fallback.
Fred

Captain Canada

Those Airfix kits look so good right out of the box ! Makes me want to buy them all lol. Great job so far, and a neat take on this machine.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 20, 2021, 02:54:25 AM

It's actually quite surprising the colours PRU aircraft used, especially some of the myriad sub types of early Spitfire PR I's. I've seen some other later PR marks in overall Mediterranean Dark Blue and one in what can only be described as deep purple.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Xtracolor even did PRU Purple in their tinlets at one stage. I still have one, but never used it as yet.

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Me Too ;D
always wondered what to use it on.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2021, 02:14:50 PM
Xtracolor even did PRU Purple in their tinlets at one stage. I still have one, but never used it as yet.
Quote from: TallEng on September 20, 2021, 02:36:20 PM
Me Too ;D
always wondered what to use it on.

Regards
Keith

There is always the infamous Purple Sonia.

Some rummaging supplied enough transfers from a few sets (including a Hornet and a Northrop N-3) to do what I wanted.

Fred

loupgarou

You managed to transform the Defiant in a sleek aircraft. The look is completely changed.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.