P.Z.L. 19 Sokole oko

Started by Gondor, August 30, 2021, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

That's the second lower wing clamped together. Below is what it looks like end on.

It looks like some scrap plastic needs to be fitted in front of the forward wing spar before the sanding to shape starts or there could be a gap.

Looking at other parts that are going to be used later in the build, the engine looks ok although there is a push rod missing and it will be visible so I may replace all of them with wire/tube instead. I don't make things easy for myself do I?

First I rebuild the interior, then I scratch build Four wings and the undercarriage legs need to be done as well. Probably modify the tail surfaces as well, but not by much but enough to change the looks. Yeah, I like it real easy don't I  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

The interior has been painted and I may try to put some greeblies inside, stuff such as a throttle quadrant and radios and ammunition, that kind of stuff  :-\ Not sure how well it will go though. Got to sort out the canopy which needs extra bits added in places so it can sit flat on the fuselage sides. It a problem that I knew was going to happen as the canopy is from another aircraft. The big thing is that it will define the who look of the aircraft as it supports the upper wings, their position and thus the whole look of the aircraft.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Recently received a Warpaint Book on the Fairey Albacore as I was thinking of using similar wings for this aircraft. However after looking at the drawings, I have decided to continue with what I was building as it means the wing spars I have glued in place can stay even if they are over engineered for the scale.

Gondor