Scale Model World 2021

Started by Martin H, August 31, 2021, 01:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 01, 2021, 03:24:35 PM
Very happy to hear SMW is going ahead.

I like a few traders have opted to rollover my trade stand to 2022, and attend in 2021 as an IPMS member. If I manage to have any new whif items ready on time I will sell them on the website.

Colin

:thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

IPMS UK have set up an FAQ page as a shortcut to answer any obvious questions about the show in 2021. If you have anything else that needs to be answered then best to email them directly.
https://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/scale-modelworld-2021-frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

Howard of Effingham

Thanks Martin and others for your understanding of the 'rules' as might apply.

This year will be my first as SIG Leader for IPMS Role Models having taken over a few weeks ago from the previous leader.

I think if everyone behaves themselves we should be fine. Wearing a mask all day is onerous but not too onerous.

In terms of pre-arranged sales, I will be listing some 1/72 aftermarket bits that are surplus.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on September 04, 2021, 10:32:57 PM
In terms of pre-arranged sales, I will be listing some 1/72 aftermarket bits that are surplus.

Yep, thanks Martin.  To their credit the IPMS leadership is doing their best to enable the best possible SMW to happen.  Shame about the Kitswap but, hey ho, we'll muddle through without it!

And I too will post up a sales and wants list in a few weeks time.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Bearing in mind this news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

How does this affect SMW?  Makes life easier, I think.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Maybe, but it could still all change, I guess.

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitbasher on September 13, 2021, 06:07:53 AM
Maybe, but it could still all change, I guess.

Yes probably, but it might make some more concerned about going.

Yesterday I went to the Gatwick Airliner Conversion where there were a few model traders, at the local leisure centre. The hall was about the size of Southern Expo, I walked in with my mask on, to find I was in the minority, without exaggeration approximately 95% of visitors and almost all the traders didn't have one on. It did make me feel a bit uneasy, and self conscientious that I was in the minority. I stayed less than a hour and was relieved to get out. It was a strange experience given that the average age in the hall was well over 40, I would have thought more would be wearing masks.

I fairly sure SMW won't be same, I would imagine the Telford Centre will enforce face coverings.

Colin

Nick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 13, 2021, 06:00:47 AM

I sent off for my paper Covid passport 10 days ago. It arrived while I was on holiday last week and before I'd even opened it the govt decided the passports won't be required.  :banghead:

At least I have it should I want to go night clubbing in Scotland  :rolleyes: ;D

Anything could happen in the next 60 days...

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 07:58:20 AM

I sent off for my paper Covid passport 10 days ago. It arrived while I was on holiday last week and before I'd even opened it the govt decided the passports won't be required.  :banghead:

At least I have it should I want to go night clubbing in Scotland  :rolleyes: ;D

There is nothing stopping any venue asking for a Covid passport regardless of what their countries legislature says. At least you have it now incase you are asked for it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 07:58:20 AM

This news regards Covid 19 passports hasn't really sunk in yet. I am half expecting another announcement on the matter from IPMS executive and TIC.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 13, 2021, 01:09:16 PM

There is nothing stopping any venue asking for a Covid passport regardless of what their countries legislature says. At least you have it now incase you are asked for it.

Gondor

Absolutely. Between now and SMW the situation is almost certainly likely to change at least the once.

GNER during the week was voluntary from London to Berwick and then compulsory once it crossed the border. No idea if, or how it was enforced though as I got off at Newcastle.

One of the things that has surprised me was the fact that as Colin says the wearing or not of masks doesn't appear to be an age thing which I certainly thought it would have been. I travel by public transport all the time and in London, probably 75% of people are wearing masks. It drops off in central London with tourists etc, but on the whole it's quite good. Once I got to Newcastle though I doubt if 30% of Metro passengers were wearing them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Found out in an Email that the Harrier SIG will not have a stand at this years show due to lack of members attending and able to look after the table.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

It's because people are selfish retards.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I was at an RC Model Boating event today, and out of maybe 35 people there (all of us older than 60) My mate Pete and I were the ONLY ones who masked up...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..