Scale Model World 2021

Started by Martin H, August 31, 2021, 01:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 30, 2021, 05:32:02 AM
Is it too soon to post our shopping lists?

My current wants:
Astra/Ursus Saro SR53
Novo or Maquette Fairey Delta II

Cheap:
BAC Lightning
Tamiya/Airfix Mosquito

Oddly, I am not looking for Spitfires this year.

See your PM's Lee
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got my train tickets sorted yesterday, arrived today.

The West Coast Line from London has always been one of the priciest for some reason (London to Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow are/were busy business rotes I suppose), but this was daft. I paid the same for a Standard return London/Telford as I recently paid for First Class London/Newcastle and substantially more than First Class London/Worcester returns which are different operators. Indeed GNER is now back in public hands

Market economics at their "best"  :-X
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Martin H on September 30, 2021, 05:37:32 AM
You not feeling well? or did I miss read that..............

No, you read it correctly.  I have more than enough now.  Although I'm sure I'll buy at least one for appearance sake.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

It's COVID: it's affected his sense of taste... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on October 04, 2021, 11:21:49 AM

It's COVID: it's affected his sense of taste... ;)

You'll know Lee's at Death's Door when he starts buying Bf.109 kits. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

There's more chance of Sunderland winning the Champion's League.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Can't tempt you with a Bachem Natter then?  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

I have an ethical aversion to anything Luftwaffe, be it wearing their markings to their lickspittle collaborationist allies.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Well it'll all be over in 5 weeks time.  I wonder how busy it'll be, which traders will show, how many overseas visitors (traders and punters) will make the trip, and will Airfix preview the 2022 release plan and have a 'Big Announcement' kit?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Freightdog862

I don't think there will be any announcement, as Airfix won't be at Telford. I understand Hornby policy is no public attendances this year due to Covid (same for railway shows). We will have to wait till January... :-\ 

Colin

kitbasher

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 11, 2021, 10:57:17 AM
I don't think there will be any announcement, as Airfix won't be at Telford. I understand Hornby policy is no public attendances this year due to Covid (same for railay shows). We will have to wait till January... :-\ 

Colin

Thanks Colin for the Airfix info, wasn't aware. 

So London Toy Fair for announcements regarding the new 1/72 Lysander and Javelin, then 😉
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Well I got my new IPMS membership card this morning, so that gets me in  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

So did I, with a demand I do some well over complex authorisation for GPDR accreditation. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

Not going.
GOTH is under "New Management", HIPPIE has "gone" and I'm staying at home.
Painting skulls and other stuff.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2021, 07:37:59 AM
So did I, with a demand I do some well over complex authorisation for GPDR accreditation. :(

Did mine this morning. Easy, peasy  :thumbsup: