Queen Consorts Own Light Cavalry - Done

Started by buzzbomb, September 01, 2021, 12:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

This build is due to two things
1. Zenrat's terrific idea with the Steampunky type mounted figure
2. Our never ending lockdown

So impressed by Fred's mounted figure, it was pure inspiration, so in homage to his build I too am going to attempt a Steampunk style Mounted Figure. My take is that Photo Recon started much earlier and the development of a Victorian Gimbel mount and much better film allowed Cameras to be used on Horsebak
Dug out a box of Airfix 54mm(ish) figures

Decided on the Polish Lancer figure with a suitable stationary horse. Cobbled up a camera and now working on the figure details

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 01, 2021, 03:04:02 AM
This should be fun! ;D

Indeed. Mind you if the figure is posed taking the photo you won't have to paint his face given his head will be covered by a black cloth  :angel:

That box of bits brings back memories  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

LOL - read that as "Queen Consorts with Own Light Cavalry" on the first pass, and thought for a moment that it was a scandalous accusation rather than a new model build... ;D

Nice one - this may be the start of an interesting non-aircraft trend on here. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2021, 04:32:12 AMEver tried a zebra paintjob BB?
Nope. Not something I would do on this either. Still a bit too much JMN in there that stops things like that happening ;D

Really enjoying this build though, powered through the horse furniture, redid the camera mount so It can be stowed away for travel.

Working up my vision of a Steampunky rifle. Nothing as good as the stuff the RW Steampunk creators can come up with

zenrat

You need to fight your inner JMN Brian.

Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2021, 05:39:01 AM
You need to fight your inner JMN Brian.

He needs to beat it up with a big stick & a cast-iron frying pan*!

[*: No half-measures here!]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Liking where this is going

Horses can be one of the most difficult things to paint, mainly because of that sheen their coats always seem to have. Can be ignored at 25/30mm but at 54mm  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 02, 2021, 05:25:50 AM
Working up my vision of a Steampunky rifle. Nothing as good as the stuff the RW Steampunk creators can come up with

You know the old standard from Reginald Pikedevant - "Just Glue Some Gears On It (And Call It Steampunk)"

The camera and horse look great!

buzzbomb

Almost there.. well right up until I noticed in the photos, that I have forgotten to add the reins. :banghead:
So pretty much, this is it

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 01, 2021, 06:44:46 AMIndeed. Mind you if the figure is posed taking the photo you won't have to paint his face given his head will be covered by a black cloth  :angel:
Thanks for that, that actually added a bit to the model, I went down the path of a Plaid type accoutrement, which one side colour being black, could be used to cover the head and camera if needed

To the paint shop, add a few last bits after painting and Bob should be your weird uncle ;)

NARSES2

Glad to be of service  ;D

Looking good  :thumbsup:

buzzbomb

Paintshop session over. A couple of times after going back to redo stuff that looked naff, or naffer than it looks now.

So here we are.
Trooper of the Deguerreotype Section, Queen Consorts Own Light Cavalry.

Thank you gentlemen and ladies for dropping by, What!

zenrat

Very good BB.
:thumbsup:

Would have liked to have seen him mounted on a zebra. I guess that is up to me... ;D
Fred