Ushi Models

Started by TomZ, September 11, 2021, 11:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

I just saw this:

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-prototype-fighter-beriev-b-10m-usi00015

from Ushi models. Their web site is in Japanese http://ushimodels.com/ but the pictures look interesting.

I pre-ordered one of the Beriev kits from HLJ. Russian Schneider racer????

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

sandiego89

Ohhh thanks for posting. Never heard of that design. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Remove the floats and the design is very familiar, can't quite remember what, but I will : eventually. :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 12, 2021, 06:26:08 AM
Remove the floats and the design is very familiar, can't quite remember what, but I will : eventually. :angel:

On Secret Projects there is some info about the Beriev B-10 which is a land plane. This is the B-10M which is supposed to be the seaplane version.

TomZ

sandiego89

SAAB 21?  Minus the second engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAAB_21
Dave "Sandiego89"

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 12, 2021, 02:11:52 PM

That was my first thought in trying to think where I may have seen something similar, but there was at least one similar Japanese project, Manshu whatever ?, which I've built a kit of. Plus I may well have seen the Beriev landplane , or similar, on the Soviet SIG's stand at shows as they have lots of models of projects and prototypes as well as What If's.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

There are pics of a built version of this on here somewhere.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 12, 2021, 11:23:11 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on September 12, 2021, 02:11:52 PM

That was my first thought in trying to think where I may have seen something similar, but there was at least one similar Japanese project, Manshu whatever ?, which I've built a kit of. Plus I may well have seen the Beriev landplane , or similar, on the Soviet SIG's stand at shows as they have lots of models of projects and prototypes as well as What If's.

Bolkhovitinov S used the same engine configuration?

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2021, 04:13:03 AM
There are pics of a built version of this on here somewhere.

I posted it on the 'WHIFS Found Surfing' thread. I'll repost here:

Posted on Twitter by @ushimodels here: https://twitter.com/ushimodels/status/1426541682917478404?s=20

Twitter translation of Ushi's tweet:

"1/72 Beriev B-10M resin kit completed. It is a fighter planned in 1941 aiming for the fastest at that time. It was not developed due to the overly ambitious design of the skewer-shaped twin-engine propulsion system."

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Skewer shaped? Surely it's just two V12s either connected together, or with one prop shaft passing clean through the other, a la MC-72?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

I'm a bit baffled by the two bladed props. Two M-107 engines both with a two bladed prop? I think I will be building it with at least three bladed props.

TomZ

PR19_Kit

The MC-72 only had two bladers as well, perhaps it was a 'style' thing of the times?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2021, 09:20:17 AM
Skewer shaped? Surely it's just two V12s either connected together, or with one prop shaft passing clean through the other, a la MC-72?

Remember that's a Twitter auto-translate of Japanese, which can be a bit gnomic even when translated by an expert human.

The word that auto-translators seem to be struggling with is 'kushigata' which some other ones render as 'comb shaped' rather than 'skewer shaped'. That might be the clue: the drive from the forward engine is 'threaded through' the V of the rear one, like two combs locked together.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2021, 09:20:17 AM

So one engine is skewered by the other's prop shaft.  Maybe 'skewered' and 'threaded' are the same word in some languages?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2021, 11:02:25 AM
The MC-72 only had two bladers as well, perhaps it was a 'style' thing of the times?

Can you imagine the sound though with twin V-12's and two- two bladed props?!   :o   Glorious or shrikeing? Both?   
Dave "Sandiego89"