Never Was magazine website

Started by Weaver, September 13, 2021, 03:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Never heard of this before, but it seems like a useful resource for anyone writing an alternative background to a model:

https://neverwasmag.com/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Oh, and I immediately found artwork of mine (w/o source quatation, of course) in the technology gallery, a shot of my Go 229 night fighter model...  :-\

https://neverwasmag.com/2018/04/strange-aircraft-of-the-third-reich-real-and-imagined/

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2021, 04:58:31 AM
Oh, and I immediately found artwork of mine (w/o source quatation, of course) in the technology gallery, a shot of my Go 229 night fighter model...  :-\

https://neverwasmag.com/2018/04/strange-aircraft-of-the-third-reich-real-and-imagined/

They seem pretty keen on giving credit where it's due: perhaps the image came to them via a third party with credit already removed?
Why not drop them a line and see?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

I am just about to send an email to the editor.  :banghead:

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2021, 05:14:43 AM
I am just about to send an email to the editor.  :banghead:

Good - let us know how you get on, please. :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Surprisingly quick reply! No excuse, but the promise to add the URL to the original post on FlickR and my user pseudonym. Let's watch what happens...

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2021, 06:41:21 AM
Surprisingly quick reply! No excuse, but the promise to add the URL to the original post on FlickR and my user pseudonym. Let's watch what happens...

That's positive at least

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Obviously an ethical organisation who were merely unaware of the source of your images, Dizz. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 14, 2021, 03:06:53 AM
Obviously an ethical organisation who were merely unaware of the source of your images, Dizz. :thumbsup:

Very much so, good to see both a quick and positive response  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.