Masterbox post-apocalyptic figures: Vadim and Hanna

Started by frank2056, September 14, 2021, 09:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I posted about these 1/35 figures over at BTS. The Vadim figure is just OK - soft details, maybe overscale but the face is good:

Hanna is a completely different story/plastic nightmare. Same soft details as the Vadim figure but out of the box, her height is 6'3" (1.9m) or taller and her general proportions are off. The biggest problem is the face; not only does the face not look like the box top image it doesn't even look like a woman's face.

This is what the figure looked like after I reduced her height to around 6' and after a fair amount of plastic surgery to the face - it still looks a bit like Eddie Izzard:

I eventually got the face to look somewhat feminine:

The satchel on her left leg is from the kit, and was supposed to have arrows in it. The arrows are so poorly molded that I decided to sand them out and cover the space with plastic goop from melted sprues. It looks better now. I removed the molded on backpack straps from her chest and shoulders because they lacked definition. The straps are Tamiya tape cut to length and painted, with PE buckles from a DML rifle sling sheet. Same with the knife on her boot and the straps on her leg:

The backpack is a resin part. It fit better than the kit's backpack! The knife and canteen are from a DML Russian Spetznaz kit:

This was supposed to have been a quick build. Almost every part of the kit (except her left arm) was modified. To bring her to just under or around 1.8m/5'10" or 6' in height the legs were shortened and plastic removed from the waist. Straps removed from torso. Right hand broken and repositioned to better grip the crossbow; this hides her large man sized hands. Face went through extensive plastic surgery, to make it less manly. Also added hair at the front to match the boxtop. The pupils are new decals from Archer.

Here she is with the Vadim figure (and others):

Overall, a very disappointing set of kits from Masterbox, who usually have excellent figure offerings.

NARSES2

I can see your point re Hannah. None the less it's very neat paintwork  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.