EXCELSIOR! USS MARVEL NCC-81962 starship.

Started by seadude, September 15, 2021, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Just put it to one side for a bit, do some work on something simpler, and then come back to it after a few days or even weeks.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 28, 2022, 12:28:25 AMJust put it to one side for a bit, do some work on something simpler, and then come back to it after a few days or even weeks.  :thumbsup:

Second that.
What you've done looks excellent.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on August 28, 2022, 05:02:33 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 28, 2022, 12:28:25 AMJust put it to one side for a bit, do some work on something simpler, and then come back to it after a few days or even weeks.  :thumbsup:

Second that.
What you've done looks excellent.

Thirded & agreed! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

More pics. Got all the deflector grid lines finally inked. They may look good from a far distance. But they suck up close. :( 
Anyway, I did the best I could. Hope Stan Lee approves.
Got the warp engines attached to the secondary hull. Won't be ready for warp speed trials till Tuesday.  ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

I'm still no fan of the colours, but that's personal aesthetics, so unimportant, however the build is coming along nicely :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  & your not alone in having troubles with panel lines. :rolleyes:

Still, I'm a fan of the 12"-to-24" rule, if it looks good in that range, it's "Good!"

buzzbomb

The colours certainly completely change the ship look.
A bit undecided at this stage

seadude

I'm calling this 99% done. It's not 100% because I'm figuring out a name, hull registry number, and maybe spider emblems somewhere.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

seadude

Old Wombat

She looks really good*, mate! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

[*: With the same colour disclaimer mentioned in my previous post. ;) ]

seadude

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 29, 2022, 06:47:10 PMShe looks really good*, mate! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

[*: With the same colour disclaimer mentioned in my previous post. ;) ]

Ok, ok, I get it. This is like the third time you mentioned you don't like the colors. In fact, according to an earlier post by you, you preferred Iron Man colors instead. So I take it Iron Man is your favorite character and Spider-Man isn't?

Old Wombat

Well, yes, ;D  Also, because red/yellow(or gold) combo's are aesthetically pleasing to my eye (well, brain, really).

However, I find red/blue combo's, in general, to be particularly annoying. :-\

Same thing goes for some camo schemes; really not a fan of green/grey schemes but add a brown & I like them. :unsure:

I, also, have design & style preferences right across the board (aircraft, armour, cars, buildings, spaceships, etc.).

BUT I did say that this is a personal aesthetic & has no bearing on how I look at your build.

It's a matter of being aware of my biases & taking them into account when I look at someone else's work, someone who may not have my particular idiosyncrasies (just their own).  Still, just to be sure, when it's something that I find particularly irritating, I usually put in a disclaimer; just in case.

As said: The build looks really good! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

seadude

So like I posted earlier and showed in one of my pics, Spider-Man has a black colored spider emblem on the front of his costume, and a red colored spider emblem on the back. I could add these symbols on my model, but the locations for them aren't the best. I did find some Spider-Man stickers at Hobby Lobby for $2. But whether I add any on the model is unknown. If I don't use any on the model, I may just use a few to decorate the display stand instead so it isn't so plain.