M60 Excarvator

Started by Wardukw, September 24, 2021, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Fred mate you the man..i just checked out that website your listed here...oh dude they have some very useful goodies..fuel lines..radiator hose and HT line's..yeah i can make use of these guys 😁
Cheers Fred ..thats site is surpurb.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

That digger bucket demands a nice big sharkmouth on the sides and a row of teeth painted along the top.

Wardukw

Either way Nick i wouldnt want to be on the end of that  ;D
Ok kids heres more pics .
20210711_154718 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Here is the first bucket idea i had ...just like a normal bucket ...nothing super here ..then i had the idea of the thumb and when i started to do the math it turns out that there is quite a difference between the two ..so i had to remove the mounting points and make new ones and this is it .
20210711_155002 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20210711_171952 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
And now it begins ..
You guys have seen the thumb itself in the first pics but heres a few more ..
20210724_150551 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20210724_150444 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20181220_150550 - Copy by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Had to build a frame to hold the bucket for transport .
20181221_072945 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20210724_150508 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
This is the commander ,,made up from some other resin bits from a group in Vietnam ...
20210724_150420 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20210724_151006 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Well heres now the bugger part ...next you guys would have seen some beginning pics of painting ,,but my airbrush spat the big one when yesterday i tripped and broke the air line connection into the brush..its knackered ..ok it was old and not really worth anything but still   :-\
So i spent some serious money yesterday and brought a new one .. $20 NZ ..would love to get a Iwata but damn you should see the prices here for one..i saw a 2nd hand one for $165NZ ..old of my budget for now  ;D

Phill

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I'm starting to feel a bit 2nd rate right about now :-\ ..... But in a good way! ;D :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Guy mate i seriously like your work dude..no second rate stuff there lol..hell i would never have thought of that mutant two armed monster you built ..its surpurb man.😁 .
Thats really thinking out of the square which to be honest i cant really do ..no idea why either lol
Now i can post pics theres two other projects ive been mucking around with  i can now really get back into.
One is Resident Evil based and the other is just something slightly futuristic ..oh and the post apocalyptic dio which is where the M60 is from and looks like its going back too.
Just have to sort out a place to put it lol

Phill

Wardukw

Well guys ive been playing with this model a little bit now and started the weathering ,,first is the chipping ,,i have to make this thing look like its been sitting for like 20yrs and it wasnt even painted in the normal military fashion..layered with a tick layer of very hard wearing paint,,,i want it to look like it was a rush job..just one layer and done for a show or a display and once that was over into the bone yard it went.
So heres a bunch of pics for you guys to take a look at and yes ive been playing with my new camera ,,,no more Samsung Pro pics for me as long as i remember to buy batteries for it  ;D
DSCF2854 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2841 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2840 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2837 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2835 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2834 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2833 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2832 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2830 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2829 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2859 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2858 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2855 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Next is the pin wash and dry brushing but before that i have to paint the mods these guys have made to the M60..like the lights and weapons mounts ,,they cant be old and warn but they cant be super new and clean either as they would have made these bits from what ever comes to hand and i have to paint all the crap they would throw on this thing and since i dont know what that is yet i cant tell ya all  :lol
Righto then there will be more to follow i can promise you guys that.   :wacko:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fantastic.
The weld beads on the bucket are particularly lovely.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

;D Thanks guys ..i think this one is gonna turn out pretty good to be honest and ill be able to continue once my order turns up..still dealing with bloody annoying lockdown.

jcf

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 26, 2021, 03:22:02 AM
I get the feeling the title is a typo & should read "M60 Excavator", so I haven't wanted to mention it.

However, the title, as stands, brings all sorts of Post-Apocalyptic images to mind;
- from the Mad Max-esque; "The mightly ex-Carve-ator, shredding the enemies of Saucy Cyril, Queen of the Wasteland Highway";
- to the cobbled together ex-Carvator, chomping through hordes of the undead in some zombie gore-fest.

;D ;D

Nah, it's used by land-pirates to bury their ill gotten gains.  :wacko:

frank2056

That's great scratchbuilding and weathering!

Wardukw

;D jon...be a bloody easy thing to find considering the size of the damn thing  ;D
Frank mate ...heres the thing ..thats only just the start of the weathering  :wacko:

Wardukw

Well boys ,,here it is in all its glory ,,done and done ,,enjoy  ;D....WARNING PHOTO BOMB
DSCF3007 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3008 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3006 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3005 by DSCF2994 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2993 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2992 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2991 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2990 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2982 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2981 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2975 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2973 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2967 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2960 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2951 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2949 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2940 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2936 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2931 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF2927 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
This thing turned out pretty good ,,nothing mind blowing tho but still not bad ...the next thing along these lines is a AFV club M88..im thinking of turning into a ARV with a crane not a A frame.
I'll take a gander at that tonight and get some form of plan in my head ,,,i think a M88 with a crane like a M74 or German Grizzly would be different and cool  :wacko: :mellow: