Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Thanks very much Cap'n  ;D .
The new base or I should say hacked to bits old base is getting a make over as you've  seen but now I'm going to add some length to it..not much tho...about 60mm Wil give me the length I need ..hell I might just accurately measure something and make life easier and things will fit..yeah might do that  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

I haven't forgotten about this ..in fact I've been thinking alot about this diorama.

The Tiger is getting a new turret ..or was getting one . Other ideas have made their way into my noggin and I've been wanting to build something quite big and stupid but not as stupid as the Leo1AAMS .

I've got this Trumpeter 17cm Kanone 18 and my minds eye is seeing a lenghtned Tiger chassis with a bloody big gun mounted on it .
A Tiger 1 17cm SPG is in the works boys ..well in my mind..other things in the way at the moment but the bug has bitten me again so progress is in the furture
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 08:00:36 PM..well in my mind..other things in the way at the moment but the bug has bitten me again so progress is in the furture

That wouldn't be the "Dizzybug" by any chance would it ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

No Chris..not the Dizzybug for this ..thisnone was out there before the Bug bit me  ;D
The Dizzybug bite was for the Strumpanther..that bugger bit damn hard  :lol:
Thisnone has been bouncing around every time I look at that Tiger and the Sherman...my mind will always says "gotta do something with that "  :lol:

Wardukw

I sat here last night and started envisioning this idea of a Tiger 1 mit 17cm Kanone 18 spg .
Then I took both models off my shelf and starting the planning start of the build..bloody hell there's alot of work there 🙃
90° of the entire upper hull has to be custom built ..engine moved as far forward as possible but also practical placement is important.
Then the gun and it's 2 recoil systems have to be built or hacked and slashed to fit in the hull ..and of course building an entire interior for the guns position...ramps for the gun crew and a spade on the back ...or to smaller
spades mounted either side of the arse end with a fold down ramp for laying and loading the gun.
This will be interesting to say the least.

r

Wardukw

OK here's what's going on right now.
Pics tomorrow lads.
I've attacked the Tiger and the ideas have kinda changed but remained the same ...with the original idea of a SPG but now in a turret.
I've built a armoured shroud around the gun which isn't completely finished yet but as normal always something else has to be sorted first.
The engine has been moved forward and can still be seen.
I'm going to use parts from a AFC Club M40 for the rear spade and it's loading deck..cause I've got em and can't be buggered building.
I'm enjoying where this is going now  <_<

killnoizer

This is absolute amazing, love that stuff !     :thumbsup:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

Thanks mate  ;D    ;D
I'll be back playing with this off and on and yep  the bug has bitten me again.
I put alot of time and thought into the base and this Tiger  and then I didn't like it  :lol:

killnoizer

What I have learned from my whole live and work as designer and Taylor ,  is that you recognise the right moment to STOP THINKING and make it ready . That is the big point forward ( how i see it , personal ) . 

All,that work I can see in your pix is so total high level , don't care and put it together .   I wish I could work in that quality, but it doesn't make me sleepless that it is not . 

Wardukw

Sometimes its a huge pain in the back side when ya keep thinking and then when your done thinking you forget an idea which just comes out of nowhere ,,,its extremely annoying when it was a great idea too .
Hence why i built this thing and then cut it to bits ...the next version is going to be much better and one ill be happy with ...which for me is not easy .

Right well heres the Tiger as it is now ,,,part way thru its rebirth  ;D
DSCF4252 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4253 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4254 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4256 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Thats it for now ..more work to go and some big chunks of plastic is going to be used .

killnoizer

THIS makes me proud to be a natural born German , yes , old fashioned I am  :wub:  .

NARSES2

My oh my what a big gun you have kitty  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2023, 12:23:33 AMMy oh my what a big gun you have kitty  ;)
170mm baby with extended barrel 😍 😋

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 08, 2023, 12:26:16 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2023, 12:23:33 AMMy oh my what a big gun you have kitty  ;)
170mm baby with extended barrel 😍 😋

So, how many times go you expect it to flip in the air before it hits the ground again when it fires that monster? :unsure:  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est