WW2..but not like we know it.

Started by Wardukw, September 28, 2021, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 10, 2023, 01:09:29 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 10, 2023, 12:58:34 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 09, 2023, 05:43:24 PMIt's the sound which gets ya the most..then when the stick has done its job the strangest thing is how quite it is...very weird.

Not strange or weird at all, your ears have suffered significant trauma & the nerves are in shock, so you can't hear anything below a certain decibel level.
Not at a kilometer away Guy..ya don't get that at that range..but still it's dead quite..we cam hear each other fine..it's there's no sounds..birds ..insects ..wind..then slowly it returns ..it's probably the shock which moves thru the ground which scares the wild life .

You'd be surprised.

The wildlife would definitely go to ground & keep quiet for some time.

However, things like the wind are probably below the volume & frequency thresholds that your nerves have blocked for their own protection - it's not an all-or-nothing scenario, your brain (& by extension your nerves) know that you still need to hear, so it blocks those ranges being effected by the potentially damaging noise(s) but leaves you able to hear in others (it's a primal survival thing).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 10, 2023, 02:26:18 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 10, 2023, 01:09:29 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 10, 2023, 12:58:34 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 09, 2023, 05:43:24 PMIt's the sound which gets ya the most..then when the stick has done its job the strangest thing is how quite it is...very weird.

Not strange or weird at all, your ears have suffered significant trauma & the nerves are in shock, so you can't hear anything below a certain decibel level.
Not at a kilometer away Guy..ya don't get that at that range..but still it's dead quite..we cam hear each other fine..it's there's no sounds..birds ..insects ..wind..then slowly it returns ..it's probably the shock which moves thru the ground which scares the wild life .

You'd be surprised.

The wildlife would definitely go to ground & keep quiet for some time.

However, things like the wind are probably below the volume & frequency thresholds that your nerves have blocked for their own protection - it's not an all-or-nothing scenario, your brain (& by extension your nerves) know that you still need to hear, so it blocks those ranges being effected by the potentially damaging noise(s) but leaves you able to hear in others (it's a primal survival thing).
Yup that makes sense  ;D
Most of the time we'd notice the silence and if the bad guys start shooting again we tend to forget about it remarkably fast  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Been playing with the Tiger ,,,i never really liked the turret and i did want something which drew a bit more attention to the overall look of the dio ..so heres what ive been doing ..
DSCF4264 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4265 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4266 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF4269 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4270 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4271 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4272 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4274 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Still more pics but ill shove those on when ive done a bit more ..
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Jakko

It even elevates :) Is this the German equivalent to the M40 GMC, with the usual "Anything they can do, we can do bigger"? :)
... I know all this and more ...

Wardukw

Quote from: Jakko on July 12, 2023, 02:02:38 AMIt even elevates :) Is this the German equivalent to the M40 GMC, with the usual "Anything they can do, we can do bigger"? :)
Hahaha..it's typical German of the time..big..overly engineered and cool 😉
Even tho this might be a alternative reality-based diorama it's seems the Germans suffered the same fate 😄
As for the elevation..I have a annoying habit of making my models function..mate it's a PITA.  ;D

Old Wombat

"Louder than God's revolver & twice as shiny!"

This build brings this quote from Dr Deathdefying (a radio DJ) from the Bethesda game Fallout: New Vegas (& used by My Chemical Romance on one of their albums) to mind every time I see it! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2023, 03:00:18 AM"Louder than God's revolver & twice as shiny!"

This build brings this quote from Dr Deathdefying (a radio DJ) from the Bethesda game Fallout: New Vegas (& used by My Chemical Romance on one of their albums) to mind every time I see it! ;D
😄 🤣...yup ..very loud but the shiny part I'm not sure about  ;D
Thanks Thomas mate 👍  ;D  ;D
It's not over yet..still haven't finished the turret yet ..still have to make the roof armour but I have to make it removable so I can paint and detail the inside ..that's gonna be fun 🤪

ysi_maniac

Stratospheric level!
 :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Wardukw

Cheers matey 😀
I'm getting the bug to start playing with this again  :wacko:

Wardukw

Just a wee note here lads..if ya might have thought ive done nothing with this I have.
Been busy messing with the new layout and you can see it now in the Shelf Queen GB .
I'd forgotten about this here so I'll have to update it I think 🤔 😅