Tutorial - How to insert/link images (from Imgur)

Started by Pellson, October 14, 2021, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

There's a small difference between the linked BB code and the normal BB code above which is, when you click on the image. The linked BB code redirects you to imgur when you click on said image, while the simple BB code, which says message boards and forums, the image opens in the forum's image viewer and you don't leave the forum to view said image. I guess it's the only difference so i guess it's only a matter of personal choice.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

Quote from: AndrewF on October 15, 2021, 01:39:13 PM
Hi Gondor, I don't think it's a problem with the process as Pellson has described - it's exactly what I do and the images display without any problems. I'm wondering if McColm has set some parameters in Imgur that prevent displaying the images here (as we can see the images in Imgur without any problems). Question to McColm: have you created an account in Imgur? And if so did you configure any privacy settings?
I haven't set any privacy settings but my account name is: mccolmsteven89
I will investigate this.
Thanks

Gondor

Quote from: AndrewF on October 15, 2021, 02:08:10 PM
Magnificent!   <_<

Were you refering to the information I gave or the model?

Quote from: McColm on October 16, 2021, 03:23:45 AM
I got this far
https://imgur.com/a/foaiCPL

Nice picture again. Like the idea of the contra rotating rotor.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

That works. It doesn't result in an embedded photo but I can see it if I click on the link.  Nice 'dyne. :thumbsup:

I've had similar problems, Dizzys method doesn't work for me and Gondor's only works on a computer as my smartphone makes me us the app which doesn't have the BBCode links. When I've searched previously, The Internet was of the opinion that it was basically impossible with my model of Android smartphone.  However, I think I've found a way that might work.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Took some experimenting, but it seems to work.  It's a modification of Dizzys method that works for my system and might be adaptable to others.  Let me know if you can see them and if the sizes are okay.

Select the image you want as normal:

This next step is crucial: Click on the image again and brings up the image itself, rather than a webpage showing your image:

Click Copy URL (couldn't screenshot it due to the idiosyncrasies of my system) and paste it into the reply:

Highlight the text:

Click the IMG icon on the reply screen:

Press preview to check it works:

Posting should result in a embedded photo:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

https://imgur.com/a/f7CBXAJ
No it's not working, I get a blank image

Gondor

Might sound a bit of a daft question, but how are you looking at this site McColm? I know you have a tablet and a phone, but what on them do you use to look at the site?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

When I click on your link, and click 'share' 'Copy URL' I get the code you get:
https://imgur.com/a/f7CBXAJ

When I click on the image in that link, then click 'share' 'Copy URL' I get a different code with a .jpg extension:
https://i.imgur.com/ufi97PZ.jpeg

If I copy it into the reply, highlight it and then press the IMG icon above I can embed it:

McColm

I click on the app, go to my page mccolmsteven89
Click on the photo, click on share,  click on url top left icon. Close it and then click on the Whatifmodellers.com  website,  monoalisa icon,  get  inbetween the [] [] gap delete the [ ]  cross my fingers and wait for the
https://imgur.com/ to appear.
Then check my replies and go back to see if it's worked or not.

Mossie

It might be easier to highlight the text first then press the monolisa icon.

I had to play around a bit until I found a code that gave the .jpg extension.  It might be worth clicking different options to see if that comes up.

McColm

Quote from: Mossie on October 16, 2021, 06:11:28 AM
It might be easier to highlight the text first then press the monolisa icon.

I had to play around a bit until I found a code that gave the .jpg extension.  It might be worth clicking different options to see if that comes up.
Okay  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Quote from: McColm on October 15, 2021, 11:20:56 AM
I'm dyslexic so yes I am incapable of reading and comprehending the meaning of you have written..

I wasn't aware of your dyslexia. I have to say you cope extremely well, given what you write. Allow me to be quite impressed!

Having read all posts in this thread, maybe I should split the tutorial in two? One about how to copy pic links from imgur and another one about how to insert any pic link I. The forum.

What say ye all?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

AndrewF

Quote from: Gondor on October 16, 2021, 03:39:39 AM
Quote from: AndrewF on October 15, 2021, 02:08:10 PM
Magnificent!   <_<

Were you refering to the information I gave or the model?

Both really ^_^

Quote from: McColm on October 16, 2021, 03:23:45 AM
I got this far
https://imgur.com/a/foaiCPL

Nice picture again. Like the idea of the contra rotating rotor.

Gondor