Vosper Hydrofoil MTB - 1/72

Started by buzzbomb, October 14, 2021, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Thanks Team, I totally agree the exhaust stream does not work. It will be fully removed. Not that this model will be seen anywhere else much. Might replace some pix though with them gone

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 05, 2021, 05:34:48 AM
Plus, with the hydrofoil, where do you get that much water to pump out? :unsure:

I figured that the intake pipe could quite easily be within the Hydrofoil supports, not that different to the skeg that was the water inlet on my last ski boat.

All in all glad you like how it came out. Excepting the naff exhaust  ;)

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks really good & original! :thumbsup:

jcf

Quote from: buzzbomb on November 05, 2021, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 05, 2021, 05:34:48 AM
Plus, with the hydrofoil, where do you get that much water to pump out? :unsure:
I figured that the intake pipe could quite easily be within the Hydrofoil supports, not that different to the skeg that was the water inlet on my last ski boat.
All in all glad you like how it came out. Excepting the naff exhaust  ;)

Which is precisely where the intakes are located on real-world hydrofoils.  :thumbsup:

jcf

Vosper built an experimental MTB, the Bloodhound, that had a trainable torpedo tube, the
torpedoman sat astride the tube. It worked but it was heavy so the concept was never
carried forward on any production boat. The boat was later used in torpedo development
work.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Wow, what an excellent build ! Always been a fan of the Flying 400, so this is right up my alley.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?