Finished: Handley Page Harpune F1

Started by 63cpe, October 17, 2021, 06:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!

About the short fuselage: I think that's fooling of the lens making the picture and the angle of the model. I'll take a picture of the bottom and show you it's not that short.

About the colorscheme: NMF is an option ( predelivery?) , as is hi-speed silver...or Spinach and Seagrey over hi-speed silver.

Meanwhile i've been thinking about the backstory and timeline: I was thinking about the Harpune being a spin-off from the HP 115 testplane, although the HP 115 was conceived as testplane for a supersonic airliner. Just like the Folland Gnat/Midge it followed the path of a lightweight fighter being small in size and easy to build and maintain being build in modules. Just like the He162 i could be build on several sites in case if emergency/crisis and scale up production easily.

As the HP 115 flew in 1961 to 1970 I think hi-speed silver or Spinach and Seagrey over hi-speed silver or Raspberry-Ripple. Ohhh, choices, choices....

In arnament I have 2x Firestreaks (under wings if this fits or above if it doesn't) and guns in mind.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Quote from: 63cpe on October 17, 2021, 06:26:09 AM
What if Handley Page turned the HP 115 concept in a fighter?
I must confess I did not remember well the HP115. Wikipedia reminded me:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_HP.115

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on May 31, 2022, 07:38:10 AM

I must confess I did not remember well the HP115. Wikipedia reminded me:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_HP.115

It's in the FAA Museum ay Yeovilton, because of its connection with the early Concorde, which is right alongside it. Or above it actually.....  ;D

That's the Concorde wing photobombing it above.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

63cpe

Nice picture of the HP 115 Kit. Thanks for sharing. Why are concordes always photobombing...
:unsure:

Checking other pictures of the 115 it's easy to see the fuselage is much shorter than the fuselage of the Harpune.

Thanks Tophe. Much appeciated mon ami!

David aka 63CPE

63cpe

IMG_20220530_225033099 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

you see the fuselage is not that short as the HP 115. It's over half of the total length.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Tophe

DogfighterZen

Nice... don't know why but it's giving me some Tin-Tin vibes... :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scotaidh

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 04, 2022, 01:31:40 PM
Nice... don't know why but it's giving me some Tin-Tin vibes... :thumbsup:

It reminds me a bit of the Carriedas aircraft, IMHO.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

63cpe

This one is also finished!

It appeared to me the range was limited so added some underwing tanks. It also was not armed, for a fighter this was not acceptable and added some guns from a Harrier.

Here some pictures:
IMG_7778 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7773 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7771 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7767 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Parts used are:
Wings and undercarriage are from a kind poorly build Fairey Delta II. Fuselage is a1/48 underwing tank (don't know the type or origin), Canopy is from a trainer version of a SR-71. Engines are from an 1/144 Monogram Hustler. Vertical tail is a copy from a vacuum formed 1/72 HP 115 (the only part from an HP 115... :mellow: )

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157720029259389/with/52527606004/

Hope you like it,

David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

Totally brilliant.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I love the scale-o-rama'd fuselage idea.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Bloody hell that thing looks fast..damn fast and I like this build....absolutely awesome stuff here  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"