Currently on the table: Macchi MC400

Started by 63cpe, October 17, 2021, 06:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: AndrewF on October 21, 2021, 02:08:27 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 21, 2021, 01:50:56 AM
That's looking very nice. But IMHO the fuselage needs a bit of an extension, or the wing span is rather wide?  :o
Frequent design trouble when you add an engine and move them to the wings, similar to a BF 109 I turned into something similar some time ago.

Yes, same thoughts - I think you could reduce the wingspan a bit. But it's a great start.
Personally I'd keep the wingspan as is but the fuselage could do with a little lengthening if for no other reason than to counter the weight of the two engines at least. I would definitely be adding larger tail surfaces both horizontal and vertical for pitch stability due to the larger span and extra torque from the second motor.

Looking good though. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Tophe

The objections to the model project seems to concern only Real World. In whif world, the modeler is free... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

........ or the wing span is rather wide?  :o

I think you could reduce the wingspan a bit.

What?

WHAT?

You two are preaching HERESY here!  :o :-\ :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2021, 03:15:02 AM
That's looking very nice. But IMHO the fuselage needs a bit of an extension, or the wing span is rather wide?  :o
Frequent design trouble when you add an engine and move them to the wings, similar to a BF 109 I turned into something similar some time ago.

Yes, same thoughts - I think you could reduce the wingspan a bit. But it's a great start.

I disagree.  I think that it is a perfectly proportioned package.

Obviously a high altitude bomber interceptor. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

63cpe

Thankfully I managed to finish this project just before the ESM 2022 show. Made some beauty pics in the afternoon to post them here. Hope you enjoy them.

IMG_7634 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7635 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7627 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7629 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7632 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

It's a 1/72 Revell Macchi 200 fuselage, 2x Macchi 200 engines, Macchi 200 outer wings and Airfix Westland Whirlwind inner wing section and engine nacelles. The horizontal stabilo's are reworked Heinkel 70 one's.

Hope you like it.

David aka 63cpe

kitbasher

Very smart - an Italian Grumman Skyrocket.

(Airfix Wyvern?  Do you mean Whirlwind?)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

63cpe

Quote from: kitbasher on November 27, 2022, 09:16:53 AMVery smart - an Italian Grumman Skyrocket.

(Airfix Wyvern?  Do you mean Whirlwind?)

Ow, yes you´re right....Whirlwind.... ;)

Wardukw

It's a twin..so I like it automatically..it's Italian..that's close enough to my dad's home land so I like that to.
As for thr build ..awesome man..it looks mean.ish  ..looks fast and the paint work is a beauty  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

So a competitor for the IMAM (Romeo) Ro 57 ?

Another gorgeous twin  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

stevehed

KiwiZac

That is lovely. Absolutely inspired - it looks like it should have existed!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates