P-38-X Blitz-Light

Started by Scotaidh, October 17, 2021, 10:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

A problem i also share Scot..and thanks to you mate it just got worse  :lol: :lol:
Cant wait for all the hassle  ;D..
I think its shelf designing time again  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Scotaidh

Right!  She's done!  :)  No prizes for guessing the canopy's origin!  :)  Suffice it to say that I was delighted, on opening a newly arrived model, to see that they'd given me two versions of the canopy - open and closed. 

Several things from the model I decided not to use.  No drop-tanks, cos she's a prototype, so no leaving the country.  Two little round scoops on the outside of the nacelles weren't used - I guess those had to do with the engine and ... well, they're different now.  I also got rid of the turbo-charger gubbins on top of the wing/nacelles, for the same reason. 

The three-part canopy - well, the rear part is from the spares bin, so no telling - likely a jet of some kind, possibly a MiG.  The front two bits, the slider and the windshield, are from a different type aircraft - one that was used by the Fleet Air Arm for some time before the USN decided their aviators had grown enough of a pair to OK them for carrier use.  ;)

Oh - and I like cannon barrels to be visible.  If you've got it, flaunt it!  (I learnt that from The Producers;) )

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rick Lowe

Tophe

:wub:
Great! Even better than I imagined!
I will try to draw it for my collection of P-38 drawings, thanks!

Wardukw

The P38 does look pretty good in British paint and yours Scot looks even better ..nice one indeed mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on January 09, 2022, 09:06:00 PM
I will try to draw it for my collection of P-38 drawings, thanks!
This is done, adding asymmetric derivatives (single boom or single engine) to complete as I take Lightnings 3 by 3, almost always ;)

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/P38_persp_H_bu.jpg
Thanks again! <_<