Nakajima J1N1-S - Aloha Airlines - *DONE*

Started by TheChronicOne, October 25, 2021, 12:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Thanks, my friend! 

She is now ready for the transfers. They might not work, but here's hoping.  :mellow:

If the Aloha decals do not work, I'll have to swim through the decalstash and see what else will fit.
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

i like it! :thumbsup: (as far as I am concerned, I prefer without decals)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

I find a certain appeal in them sans decals as well. It would be sort of neat to make a whole collection of "naked" aircraft.

Update: The airplane itself is done! I had to to do some finagling of the transfers to make them fit and also look decent but it all turned out pretty well I think. I'm going to hold off on pictures because I'm also going to finish the little truck and do a couple other minor things first. The truck was actually finished a few minutes ago but I still want to clear it so it's not really finished....  and I want to get the other stuff done so we'll wait a wee bit longer before the finale I guess.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Thanks, my brother! It is so small....  I really like building these little things but some aspects are a pain in me arse! Putting the decals on.... sheesh...  the spaces are so tight that it's difficult to operate... nutty... these test the bounds of workability at the lower limit of size; much smaller and my fingers would become too big to deal with some things.  ;D   Oddly (or not) enough... painting them is easier than the decals. The paint brush being skinny as it is can get into more places than our fingers and hands. Trying to hold it and apply decals whilst not rubbing off the ones already placed is at times akin to squeezing a wet bar of soap.  ;D

That said, everything worked out quite alright and I'm pleased with the result(s). I did the lil truck, too.....  tiny little thing... it was fun to paint and it's all hand done with a brush! Cute lil bugger. About the size of the old school small sized Micro Machines.

EDIT: Everything here is in 1/144 scale.

Perhaps someone knows what make and model it is? The kit doesn't say but considering the company it keeps, one might assume it was a late 30's or early 40's Japanese manufactured truck.

I put it with some of my other lil vehicles:

I love this small stuff... all three of these and the plane, too, can fit in the palm of your hand!

I took some other pictures of the first two planes in this series I am calling "Fighterliners" as well. I really enjoy doing these.  :wub:

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Yet another person with a giant pot of glue  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 07, 2021, 09:03:31 PM
Hot diggetty dang, that looks good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't of put it better  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 08, 2021, 06:19:11 AM
Yet another person with a giant pot of glue  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 07, 2021, 09:03:31 PM
Hot diggetty dang, that looks good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't of put it better  :thumbsup:

Nor could I.   The little truck looks good too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Thanks, fellers!!  I keep repeating myself, but damn I love doing these little 1/144 fighters...  and boy are they easy to store before and after building them. Also, for some reason, you don't feel quite as bad sometimes about things like weathering or interiors. Hell, I didn't do ANYTHING to the interior of this one and I'm perfectly alright with that. It saved a nice chunk of time. Being the size that it is, it doesn't matter as much either skipping on things like weathering which I dispensed with as purely time saving thing.

Someone on greater social media mentioned, "Fantastic work.... 👍with a subject with so many variations/possibilities....just think of the Dutch twin boom Fokker fighter in KLM....oh yes... 👍 "     The Eurofighter was born of a comment like this so I figure I could do it again and make this KLM thing. I've always liked their livery and that Blue is just gorgeous and iconic to boot. I'm not sure what Dutch Twin Boom Fighter he is talking about, but I bet someone here knows (or I can go google it). The question is..........  is there a kit of it..... and can I find decals small enough to fit on it...... 
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Dutch twin-booms probably refers to the following;

These are the only kits & scales I could find (there were other boxings of the same kits with different markings).

None in 1/144, sorry, mate. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Well that settles that!  KLM is cool with their airplanes and do stuff like this all on their own.... I saw recently that they use a Tracker for airport taxi training or some such (it was my understanding that it never flies) and they have a couple other oddball "small" aircraft. This could be a neat project.

Here's a video of it firing up the engines and unfolding the wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmM8I37f-Y
-Sprues McDuck-

KiwiZac

I was smiling at the photos of the Aloha bird and then you throw the other two on? Inspired! I love them all.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rick Lowe

TheChronicOne

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 08, 2021, 06:57:16 PM
I was smiling at the photos of the Aloha bird and then you throw the other two on? Inspired! I love them all.

Thank you for the kind words, helps make it all worthwhile!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 08, 2021, 08:14:00 PM
Came out nicely, Brad.  :thumbsup:

Thank you! It was fun little project.. helped secure the mojo.
-Sprues McDuck-