USMC F/A-20 Tigershark **DONE P5*

Started by Pepsi Concorde, November 04, 2021, 05:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My decals have arrived! Which option do you guys think would look best on a F/A-20? https://i.postimg.cc/nr0H2Hf9/IMG-5689-2.jpg

Scheme 1 (it goes R-L)
3 (42.9%)
Scheme 2
0 (0%)
Scheme 3
2 (28.6%)
Scheme 4
0 (0%)
Scheme 5
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pepsi Concorde

Also, if anyone has any chaff/flare buckets, ecm bumps and the like or other things listed in diego's and gondor's posts in 1/72 they could send me (in the UK), it would be greatly appreciated. I can source some of them however.

Gondor

Quote from: Pepsi Concorde on November 04, 2021, 11:28:08 AM
Also, if anyone has any chaff/flare buckets, ecm bumps and the like or other things listed in diego's and gondor's posts in 1/72 they could send me (in the UK), it would be greatly appreciated. I can source some of them however.

Possibly, but I would have to look to see what I have, probably orijonally from Hasegawa F-4 kits, I have lots of spare lujmps and bumbs, wheels too but buying after market items could also be an option especially to get the new nose wheel leg and wheels and saves you buying a whole kit to provide parts.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Gondor on November 04, 2021, 12:50:05 PM
Quote from: Pepsi Concorde on November 04, 2021, 11:28:08 AM

Possibly, but I would have to look to see what I have, probably orijonally from Hasegawa F-4 kits, I have lots of spare lujmps and bumbs, wheels too but buying after market items could also be an option especially to get the new nose wheel leg and wheels and saves you buying a whole kit to provide parts.

Gondor
I've found some things on aftermarket but dont wanna spend too much, im sure i can find everything by digging in my spare parts box if all else fails.

Pepsi Concorde

Although if you do find anything that might be of use, DM me

comrade harps

Welcome to the what if modellers!

What kind of loudout are you contemplating for the USMC Tigershark?
Whatever.

kerick

At the top of the page under the logo is the search option. Type in F-20 and all kinds of goodies appear.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Flyer

Quote from: diegoepoimaria on November 04, 2021, 10:03:13 AM
As said before, front landing gear should have the launchbar, and probably the twin wheel too ( I don't know any aircraft with the launch bar and a single front wheel ).

A-4
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: comrade harps on November 04, 2021, 07:36:23 PM
Welcome to the what if modellers!

What kind of loudout are you contemplating for the USMC Tigershark?
Well, I've got some Mk82s and AGM-65s in the scale that i think i will use (the kit comes with sidewinders and 3x fuel tanks)
I'm also contemplating buying one of the Hasegawa weapons sets.

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Flyer on November 05, 2021, 04:08:46 AM
As said before, front landing gear should have the launchbar, and probably the twin wheel too ( I don't know any aircraft with the launch bar and a single front wheel ).

A-4
Good point, although i think i'll still double up at the front

Pepsi Concorde

Hi guys, my decals have arrived and I've posted a poll for the scheme.

Gondor

Quote from: Flyer on November 05, 2021, 04:08:46 AM

A-4

The A-4 didn't have a launch bar, it used a strop and hooks. F-14's, F/A 18's, T-45's, C-2's and a few others use the bar as well as all the pilots  ;D

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Quote from: Pepsi Concorde on November 05, 2021, 06:13:39 AM

OK, and what are the scheme's as all I see are numbers  :unsure:

Sayinng that, I haven't posted a poll so can't help correct the missing information

Gondor

perttime

There's a link to an image site. Let's see if this works:

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Gondor on November 05, 2021, 11:25:02 AM
Quote from: Pepsi Concorde on November 05, 2021, 06:13:39 AM

OK, and what are the scheme's as all I see are numbers  :unsure:

Sayinng that, I haven't posted a poll so can't help correct the missing information

Gondor
Linked in the poll description

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: perttime on November 05, 2021, 11:40:30 AM
There's a link to an image site. Let's see if this works:

Sorry for my noobishness (is that a word?), but how do you upload a photo so it shows like that rather than using a site?